Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salt Creek Canyon trail

Never heard of either. If they are created legally, then good for the users and land managers who are benefiting from these roads. If they are being created illegally, then they should be closed. Again, work to get the law changed if you think it's wrong.
    Many did try to fight it (Colorado Mountain Club, Colorado Wilderness Coalition, etc.) and yes they were supposedly created legally. Good for whom?

This is not an example of something that was closed to you
    If so, then neither is the closure of Salt Creek. Unless you are crippled in which case an exception might be in order, you can still go there. It was closed to your vehicle, not you. My two year and four year old could easily walk to Angel Arch. What
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout
    Yes I know it happens, which is why I posed the question. I'm trying to make the comparison so we can relate. When an area you visit is closed to you (I mean CLOSED, not just open for all uses thereby making it less enjoyable to YOU), it is a terrible feeling. That's how ohv users feel when an area is CLOSED to them.
    relate? i think many people can relate ... i don't think a lesson on empathy is necessary here. point is change is inevitable ... disappointment inevitable. we deal and we move on. we fight if we think it's unjust ... but come on this is a national park, it's a desert, the only year-round running springs/creeks in canyonlands national park, which is surrounded by canyons with roads into them ... buck up and deal with it. hell, i have to deal with the fact that everyday special parts of my national forests are closed and logged

and to go along with what scott is saying ... does being an OHV user mean the vehicle is physically attached to you? are you one with your vehicle until the terrain doesn't permit it? i agree with scott, when you say 'closed' your words are HIGHLY misleading and you misconstrue the circumstances. what you should be saying is it "CLOSED TO YOUR USING A VEHICLE" which i believe is what you carelessly mean by "CLOSED TO [YOU]" ... unless, as scott consciously adds, you are prevented by physical ailments which may not be otherwise overcome by improving physical fitness, eg. age/disability.

also using this jargon makes it sound as if this is the ONLY way the OHV crowd would ever consider accessing this land ... is this TRUE??!!

Some people think motorized access is bad, and we're not going to change the world here.

I'll keep fighting for my side, and you should keep fighting for yours.