Thread: how much water?

how much water?

I am going to Englestead in the morning and am wondering how much water there is in Orderville and the Narrows?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If you dont know, call your friend that does. I started asking a little late and it will make a big differnce in my weight.

Por Favor,
    Biner

woops, I forgot the camera

Well, now I know. Englestead is dry and really fun. The first rappel takes quite a bit of time. We used 2-200' ropes so we had to stop at the corner-stance, which made it interesting. There is a lot of rappels in quick succession, and we replaced the the piece webbing above the 100 footer (50 foot chunk with a rap ring) some of the places that had webbing were down climbed. It took 3.5 hours to complete Englestead (group of 4) and then on to Orderville. This is a very beautiful place with tall cliffs on both sides and hanging gardens throughout. Towards the end, about the last mile, is where it gets interesting. The springs start to converge and build up force. We came upon a huge chockstone suspended precariously above our heads and hung a rope to aid in the down-climb into a frigid pool. Pool after pool, swim after swim, we finally reached the Narrows. I'm sure most of the people at this forum are familiar with the Narrows. If you are trying to make good time this stretch can be exhausting with all the slippery stones one must stumble over. Finally we reached the Temple of Sinawava after about 8.5 hours we were all very tired and cold. This was the longest canyon trip I have completed so far and defiantly the most rewarding. If you are considering this canyon be prepared for a long hard day.

Cool! And sorry nobody here could have been of more assistance.

Get any photos?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Nice job. Englestead/Orderville/Narrows combo meal is WAY up there on my list of favorites.
    Life is Good