Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Name that Utah Location Game

How about some more? Some are easy and some harder (but not too hard). I would rank the difficulty of identifying them by beginner, intermediate, and advanced. If you know all of them, you know Utah fairly well. If you only know a few or none then you really need to get out more.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No one even wanted to try any of them?

Some of them should be rather easy to identify and I know many uutah.com members have been to at least some?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Goblin Valley
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Goblin Valley
    Yep. I was wondering why anyone didn't get that one earlier. I would bet that many uutah.com members have been there.

I'd say Red Castle, though I'm not positive the angle I am seeing it from. Must be from Smith's fork side?

Certainly looks like a high Uinta Basin. Kinda like Painter basin from near Trail Rider, but it doesn't have near that many lakes... Perhaps naturalist, or amethyst?

Boy, that seems tough. Could be any number of places, it seems.

Okay, I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830

Goblin Valley
    Heh I know the exact rock where your son is, I have a pic somewhere of me on top of it

I'd say Red Castle, though I'm not positive the angle I am seeing it from. Must be from Smith's fork side?
    Bingo. That was it.

Certainly looks like a high Uinta Basin. Kinda like Painter basin from near Trail Rider, but it doesn't have near that many lakes... Perhaps naturalist, or amethyst?
    It is the Uintas, but the eastern end and well outside the Wilderness. Hopefully someone will get it.

Boy, that seems tough. Could be any number of places, it seems.
    Mountain in the background has a very distinctive shape. I would bet that several uutah.com members have climbed the mountain the photo was taken from.