Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Name that Utah Location Game

Name that Utah Location Game

Location identification game, round 1. See if you can name the locations. No cheating!

Average-50 points

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Scott, I think you need to start this game out with just one pic..... and when they get it correct add anther pic.

I know the first two for sure and could make a good guess at the rest...

But since you added some type of points system not sure hpw you want us to play the game

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Scott, I think you need to start this game out with just one pic..... and when they get it correct add anther pic.
    And maybe on the difficult ones, put a poll up? Have people vote for a week on 5-6 options, and then come out with the correct answer?

I could do it, but I thought adding more than one would make it go faster since not everyone is going to know all of them, but same may know one or two.

OK, it's back to one. Name that photo. Where is it? PS, the land is tilted, not the photo (seriously).
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Re: Name that Utah Location Game

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    No cheating!
    How do you cheat playing name that photo

How do you cheat playing name that photo
    If you don

So what... we post are answers here or what?

Yes, post them here.

Temple Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Temple Mountain?

That would've been my guess too.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yes, Temple Mountain. Good job!

Time for a more challenging one:

I'll post an easier one next.

Trial or wall lake area? somewhere in the uintas right?

Trial or wall lake area? somewhere in the uintas right?
    Yes, that area. Now, just name the mountain. For a bonus name the smaller one too.

Watson and..... haystack?

Mt Ellen?
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Watson and..... haystack?
    Yep, that's it.

Here's the next one:

Dang.... is that by chance LaGorce Arch up Davis Gulch at low lake level???

If so I've raced my boat right through the center of that sucker at high water.

Dang.... is that by chance LaGorce Arch up Davis Gulch at low lake level???
    Nope.

isn't that the arch in the upper end of grand gulch?
    i don't know the name of it.