Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone know where this is ?

anyone know where this is ?

all i know is outside of roosevelt, ut. looks cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not quite sure, but is it the Yellowstone?
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Also extremely popular with ice climbers in winter.

This pic was taken by Stan McQueen, who I believe hangs in this forum occationally.

thanks for those clarifications. what i had read made it sound like this was very near roosevelt.

thats a pretty cool fall...
    signature

Speaking of . . .

What ever happened to the name that location contest? I miss that. (not that I can play since I'm stuck in this hell hole, Texas, where the heat index is supposed to be 110 tomorrow. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah )

We could still play. Maybe I have a location or two in my files. Anyway, It's a lot more fun than the "caption this" threads.

Price
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Also extremely popular with ice climbers in winter.
    After climbing (more accurately attempting) the South Ridge of Timpanogos, I have come to the conclusion that people climbing Bridal Veil are nuts. Wish I had a good photo to show them why.

We could still play. Maybe I have a location or two in my files.
    I could post a few.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    Speaking of . . .

What ever happened to the name that location contest? I miss that. (not that I can play since I'm stuck in this hell hole, Texas, where the heat index is supposed to be 110 tomorrow. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah )

We could still play. Maybe I have a location or two in my files. Anyway, It's a lot more fun than the "caption this" threads.

Price
    What're you doing in Texas? Come back! We need your cool trip reports.

About the "Where is it?" contest.....it got discontinued a while ago. However I think with the added membership, we should think about bringing it back. I was told that it didn't get completely deleted, just removed so that we could bring it back another time if we wanted to.

I think the contests should be more difficult, and the prizes bigger. I am willing to take locations from anybody...either you or Scott. Just send me the images and exact location, and I'll take it from there.

Admin....are you copying this?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Which I had a good photo to show them why.

Okay, Why?

Okay, Why?
    Because the falls sit at the bottom of one of the biggest avalanche chutes in the country. The chute drops for 4000 feet. Scary stuff. You can't see it from below. Never thought of it before until seeing it from a higher elevation, but of course the tram got taken out as well by a huge avalanche.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

of course the tram got taken out as well by a huge avalanche.
    True true

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Which I had a good photo to show them why.

Okay, Why?
    Its VERY exposed to slides, the red arrow points to the climbing area, Its only a matter of time before someone gets buried up there.

I was just curious WHICH reason he thought they were crazy. There's so many...
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    I was just curious WHICH reason he thought they were crazy. There's so many...

Ya have to be crazy to climb a giant Popsicle

The (Where is it?) thread is still there just hidden. It is waiting for its rebirth...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    The (Where is it?) thread is still there just hidden. It is waiting for its rebirth...
    Yeah, no kidding. We had these prizes and everything, but nobody was interested. We should bring it back to the "new" generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Yeah, no kidding. We had these prizes and everything, but nobody was interested. We should bring it back to the "new" generation.
    If rockG and you want to tag team running the sucker. Contest #4 for the headlamp was still open and never won. We could prolly get free stuff from vendors to use and post their logo??

We could prolly get free stuff from vendors to use and post their logo??
    Yeah, I wonder who we should hit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    We could prolly get free stuff from vendors to use and post their logo??
    Yeah, I wonder who we should hit up.
    I know CanyoneeringUSA.com and Climb-Utah would be willing to offer their stuff at a discount. When I contacted Bentgear.com about this before they were a bit leery. REI stuck their nose up in the air at us -- one of the reasons why I hate REI so much...greedy corporate bastards!!

Aside from that, I'm open to suggestions.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Well while you guys figure that one out...
    I will pay-pal 1$ to any one that can name this correctly!
    How is that for a prize!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum