Thread: Paiute ATV ride

Paiute ATV ride

This is an annual ride I go on with some friends (8 of us this trip). This year we went to Marysvale Utah for a ride on and around the Paiute atv trail.
    We parked right in Marysvale and rode southeast following several marked trails in a big loop. We ended up at Manning meadow reservoir where we looked for a place to set up camp. after a bit we found Barney Lake just west of Manning meadow and set up camp in the tall pines next to the lake. fish were jumping and elk were bugling in the distance.

The next day we rode most of the surrounding trails including trail 89 that was the best of the marked paiute trials we found.

some of the group rode to the mountain top on a trail not marked on the paiute map but was on the usgs map and saw a trail down the other side. after the ride we decided to take that trail back to Marysville. it turned out to be excellent and challenging, our kind of trail.

The area is all fantastic and with the colors changing we could not have planned a more scenic ride.

Here are a few pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images               

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very cool! Good friends and fun times...

cool pics.

I know about 10 people who were there last week, from about 3 different parties!! That was definitely the time to be there.

My parents just got back, maybe I can raid their camera and post some pictures.

fortycal,

Great pics.

That trail is known as the Barney lake trail. It is a perfect example of the 2,000 miles of trails down there that are not part of the "Official" system. Meaning that they are open and legal but there is not enough money in the world to put up signs and create maps for them.

Doug Meyer profiled that trail on ATV Television this year, lots of people cmae looking for it.

A new Paiute ATV Trail map is due out in the next few weeks an I think it is on the map now.

I see you found 87/89 as well, great rides.

I will be guiding Doug in two weeks to film next years season of ATVTV and 87/89 is on the list of rides.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    fortycal,

That trail is known as the Barney lake trail. It is a perfect example of the 2,000 miles of trails down there that are not part of the "Official" system. Meaning that they are open and legal but there is not enough money in the world to put up signs and create maps for them.

Doug Meyer profiled that trail on ATV Television this year, lots of people cmae looking for it.

A new Paiute ATV Trail map is due out in the next few weeks an I think it is on the map now.

I see you found 87/89 as well, great rides.

I will be guiding Doug in two weeks to film next years season of ATVTV and 87/89 is on the list of rides.
    I purchased your book and map combo to make this ride, I had planned on a trip past puffer lake on the other side but some locals talked us into going east.
    There is snow on the high peaks west of Marysvale, I hope the weather holds for your ride.

Did you see the picture of one atv with the wheels off the side of the bridge? I guess he was watching some deer and drove off, we had to pick it and slide it back on

I'll likely have to ride this several more times just to find the local geocaches! What a great area to ride!

GROUP OF RIDERS

DO YOU RIDE WITH THE SAME GUYS EVERY YEAR

fortycal,

We are hoping fro 6-10 inches of snow and one of those perfect blue sky days. Will make great TV.

That bridge is enticing, it says, go fast its ok. Then it MOVES! :)

I put about 40 caches out in the area, only 10 of them are listed on geochaching.com

We use them to teach GPS use at the Jam.

Thanks for buying the book!!
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Re: GROUP OF RIDERS

Quote Originally Posted by Roblazzy
    DO YOU RIDE WITH THE SAME GUYS EVERY YEAR
    If I'm invited I do. Are you going to post some of your pictures?

neat ride

I've been on that same trail twice in the last two years now. There is one view that was magnificent. You can see down into Marysvale to the south and you can see as far as Richfield to the north.

I bought the new map at the Rocky Mountain ATV Jam and it is full of new information, trails etc. Well worth the $10! I appreciate all the hard work that went into compiling that information.
    fourwheelerfanatic