goats
    Box Elder

Timp

I gotta coupla moose pics... we'll see.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

HIking up Mt. Timp:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Antelope Island

Jamis Jockey was there also.

Mine are much larger.....

Couple interesting things I guess. The seals and squirrel are from my home town San Diego.

If someone could please tell what kind of snake this is though I would really appreciate it. I've never seen one of these before moving here. At first I was thinking gopher snake but the 3 times I have seen these snakes they have all been super aggressive. Usually when I see a snake they want nothing more than to just slither away but these little buggers are mean! Once actually chased me about 9-10 feet before continuing on his way.

This one just hissed quite a bit while posing for his picture. I was really far away though as you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by cpn cntrpnch
    goats
    Box Elder
    I love those pics, man. With your permission, I'd love to add some of them to our image bar. If you decide you'd like to see some up there, please post them on this thread. Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have any digitals of these, but since others shared a few stories, thought I'd do the same.

Scariest wildlife on a trail? That is a tuff one. Probably.. on the way to The Hideout in AF Canyon. My buddy, me and my brother after joking about Rattle Snakes (b/c my dad is obsessed with em) ran into a 4 ft. long THICK Rattler. Scared the freaking crap out of us since it didn't rattle til we were less than 6 ft. away. We stopped dead and looked at it as it raised it's head and body off the ground like 36" up. Just like you see the cobras on Croc. Hunter There was no way around, so needless to say, we climbed else where that day.

Second and third scariest was up in Waterton, Alberta Canada. There is a hike called Summit Lake that leaves from Lake Cameron. The first attempt at this hike was stopped about 1/2 mile short from the lake when my brother adn me and our dog ran face to face into a black bear. Not huge, but a few feet away and standing up on it's haunches leaning on a rock was bad enough. He just looked at us, hopped off the rock and slowly started toward us. We didn't even see him until my dad who was behind us told us to stop. He followed us down the trail staying like 100 yds behind us, not in any hurry, for like 1 mile, then one time we turned around and he was just gone. Pretty Freaky. The third scariest was on the same hike the next year. I came down early to fish the stream that flows out of the lake while my brother and dad continued on past Summit Lake a bit. As I was chillin on a bench after fishing by Lake Cameron, this couple walks past me to have a pick-nick in a little meadow on a hill. They to the top of the hill adn stopped dead. When they slowly started backing down, I know it was bad news. They told me with wide eyes that there was a huge bear in the meadow. I was curious enough to walk up and see one of the biggest grizzlies ever munching some berries. He looked at me and went back to berries. My bro and dad came down past the area like 10min. later face to face with the grizz. After a stare down the bear walked off the trail and into the Lake where some lady screamed blood-murder from a canoe. That scared the bear back into the trees on the trail and luckily we were gone.

Seen tons of Rocky Mt. Sheep, elk, coyotes, Black & Grizz bears and deer on the Banff Springs Parkway including some goats causing a traffic jam and sticking their heads in the car window looking for goodies.

Ha, sorry for taking up an entire page on this one but...while camping in Tunnell Mt. campground above Bannf, Canada, we stupidly left a cooler out side at night only to have a black bear eat all of our cool whip and butter ( he left the ham and bacon). By the time he was gone we went out to see our coolers with HUGE paw marks and claws stuck in the sides of the coolers. After cleaning up we drove around the campground looking for him. We found him doing the same to other people along with a giant freaking Wolf running down the road!
    I've got tons more to share, but those are the best. I'll see if I can scan any pictures to put on here.

BTW, cpn what kind of camera do you shoot with? You're pictures are incredible!
    Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Went up to Causey the other day to see the salmon..
    Is it still spawning? Would it be worth the drive up there this weekend?

Mtnman1830 wrote:
    Went up to Causey the other day to see the salmon..

Is it still spawning? Would it be worth the drive up there this weekend?
    Nope, they are done, you may see lots of dead fish, though
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Some of my animal photos. I never seem to have the camera handy for the best ones - bears, mountain goats, etc.

The first two shots are here in BC, on Mount Cheam. The rest in various spots in Utah.

Scared this rare cactus up a tree at solitude while mountain biking yesterday afternoon.

Bogley BigShot
    The rangers in Zion should be out any second to put a stop to this. (friends photo) I know its blurry, but sometimes you have to just shoot.

Ah hell!! Yeah we cant have that on government time.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    The rangers in Zion should be out any second to put a stop to this. (friends photo) I know its blurry, but sometimes you have to just shoot.
    Why? did they forget to pick up a permit?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Why? did they forget to pick up a permit?

Can we buy a permit in Zion to have sex outside the campgrounds?

as wild as they get