Thread: Snowbasin Resort -- TR

Snowbasin Resort -- TR

Mark, Shawn and I had a blast at Snowbasin Resort today. We met up with Dan for a couple of runs, and also had a few more friends up there that we didn't get to meet up with.

We were riding from 11-4. All day lift passes are $14. Days of operation are Fri-Sun, and the summer activities end on Oct 1st so there are 3 more weekends to get up there.

We racked up 30 miles today, and 29.95 of that was downhill. We rode the Needles trail once, and Porcupine 3 times.

Snowbasin's website, with a couple of weather cams to get a sneak peak:
    http://www.snowbasin.com/index_s.asp

I took a tumble, and Mark got a flat. Other than that, it was great.

I will most likely be going again next Saturday the 16th. I forgot to bring a stupid little cable for my helmetcam so that means we just have to go back next weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                             

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice pics, Looks like good times.
    I like th horn on your bike, you use it a lot

That looks like a blast up there! Awesome!

I will be riding up Snowbasin next weekend if you want to join me, to really appreciate the trails there and the downhill you ride up with me, plus its free and a great workout!!!. Starting at Art Nord trail head, ending at the Needles Lodge. Damn Downhillers are tearing the place up!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Where are these downhill places that are getting torn up? I would like to leave my tracks there.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Starting at Art Nord trail head, ending at the Needles Lodge.

That sounds like an overnighter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Yeah, some hikers were begging me to honk it as I'm coming around a corner. I took my left hand off to honk, and WHAM! I hit a rock, and the wedding tackle slammed up into my handlebar stem.

And one more thing, here's the current weathercam of Snowbasin if you're thinking of going. This image is at the top of the Gondola.

Oh yeah, I forgot I took some short video clips. I didn't get the helmetcam going, so I started shooting anything I could on the Canon.

These are just some clips of Shawn goofing off, going up and down the stairs with no hands. He actually crashed, but I didn't get it!!! Talk about a disappointing day for video!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Yeah, some hikers were begging me to honk it as I'm coming around a corner. I took my left hand off to honk, and WHAM! I hit a rock, and the wedding tackle slammed up into my handlebar stem.

Hey, we were there yesterday too! What a great time that place is. We hit Needles once, Porcupine twice, and then hit the forest service trail down to Wheeler Creek Trailhead.

What a great day! I'll tell ya though, the runs are so long up there that even riding downhill is a hard day's ride!

cool pics, I'll post a few of mine soon too.

Dusty though! blech!

Count me in for next weekend. Hey I noticed Mark had his shin pads on, is there enough hard terrain there to need protective gear? I was thinking I would like to bomb down a few runs, but I don't have any gear. Anyways awesome photos, I am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    Hey I noticed Mark had his shin pads on, is there enough hard terrain there to need protective gear?
    There were just a lot of sharp rocks in a bunch of places. I could've used some when I rolled over. Best of all, it happened in front of about 8 other bikers.

Nothing too hairy though. On the third or fourth run down, your wrists and arms are weak, and you start slipping up. There are a few places that you could get some good scrapes.