Thread: Best Gear Sites

Best Gear Sites

To my knowledge the best gear site is http://www.steepandcheap.com/ part of the backcountry.com family of websites.
    Because they are in SL country you can get the cheapest of the shipping options and it will normally will make it within 24 hours of your order.

Now that steep and cheap is bottomless I have to have it set as my home page so I don

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So long as we are pimping where to shop I like

BentGear.com

BentGear.com is a sponsor of the Climb-Utah.com website and offers free shipping on orders over $50.

Check out their SPECIALS section for some real bargains.

Remember to support those who support us whenever possible.

Re: Best Gear Sites

[quote=Summit42]To my knowledge the best gear site is http://www.steepandcheap.com/ part of the backcountry.com family of websites.
    Because they are in SL country you can get the cheapest of the shipping options and it will normally will make it within 24 hours of your order.

Now that steep and cheap is bottomless I have to have it set as my home page so I don

FWIW: BentGear is a local company based out of Heber Utah. They also have a brick and mortor store in Heber.

Store Location:

Bent Gear
    2210 S Hwy.40
    Heber City, UT 84032

Toll Free: 1-800-470-BENT
    Heber: 435-654-7167

I love Sierratradingpost.com. I've always been happy with their products and their service.

Plus they are in WY, so ground shipping gets here in like two days.

For canyoneering specific gear, nothing beats canyoneeringusa.com, Tom Jones site. The stuff is tried and tested and I have never been disappointed with the recommendations of that sight for my canyoneering gear.
    Life is Good

I love steepandcheap. If you are on my christmas list your getting something from steepandcheap ... Unless i decide to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    I love steepandcheap. If you are on my christmas list your getting something from steepandcheap ... Unless i decide to keep it.
    That's funny - I just discovered steepandcheap a couple of days ago, via another board I'm on. Just added the RSS feed yesterday. Great deals!

Look out for the agenda, though! They're selling a "Hummers in the bedroom, not the backcountry" t-shirts. And where are all profits on this one going? Well, let's not even go there...

When I have to buy something online, I'll often search for "coupon code sierra trading post." or something like that. I can often find a 10% off or free shipping coupon.

www.cambriabike.com
    www.sierratradingpost.com
    www.mec.ca
    www.rockempire.com (good prices, slow customer service)
    www.acmeclimbing.com
    www.pagangear.com
    www.mgear.com
    www.rei.com (great click and brick)
    www.campmor.com
    www.performancebike.com
    www.nashbar.com (nashbar, performance, and the former go ride are all the same company)
    www.mtbr.com (classified section)

Does anybody know if www.libertymtn.com is any good?
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Since we are talking web sites, the best one for super bargains, coupons for use when you purchase and cash back through top of the line stores like REI.com and Sierra Trading Post go to:

www.fatwallet.com

While it may be more directed at electronics, I've bought my last two computers through with the company discount and a cash back bonus, you can sometimes find what you need for gear also.

Go to sacattack.com - set it up to have them email you everytime they change products. My Outlook just dings me everytime I get an email - usually about 10 a day from these guys (Steep and Cheap).

Quote Originally Posted by double moo
    Go to sacattack.com - set it up to have them email you everytime they change products. My Outlook just dings me everytime I get an email - usually about 10 a day from these guys (Steep and Cheap).

If you add "steepandcheap" to you aim buddy list, you get an IM every time it changes. I use that one at work.