Thread: Horse Tail Falls

Horse Tail Falls

Anyone know where Horse Tail Falls are? I get the feeling they are above Alpine somewhere. Anyone have pics, a route description, GPS waypoint or?

I just heard them mentioned in regards to a hiking death that occured a couple years ago and was curious about visiting them. Also was wondering if they would be suitable for ice climbing in winter.

A little help please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So none of you have ever heard of Horsetail Falls????

Maybe Shaggy should hike up and find it this weekend if he is looking for a UT county hike.

Yeah.... but no directions

well i PM'd alpine rock, I willl let you know.

No new messages

12:18:05] Rockspyder: oh okay

[12:18:21] Rockspyder: where would you be coming from?

[12:19:16] [bill] SNOW LEVELS ARE EXPECTED TO DROP TO NEAR 7000 FT: I-15, I am guessing i take the thanksgivig point exit.

[12:20:31] Rockspyder: yes and you'll want to stay on that road until you pass a grocery store on your right

[12:21:55] Rockspyder: right after the grocery store(kohlers) you'll come to a light, you want to head left at the light, follow this road straight through a roundabout and then continue until you get to a

[12:22:50] Rockspyder: 4 way stop, at this stop turn right, pass a church on your right and continue until you get to another 4 way stop

[12:23:39] Rockspyder: you want to turn left onto grove drive which you will follow to the trail head, it will turn into a well maintained gravel road near the end

[12:26:00] Rockspyder: once you get to the trail head follow the trail for maybe a mile at the most until you come into a bunch of pinetrees, about 20 feet in to the pine trees there will be a switchback on the right heading back above where you just came from follow this trail until you reach the boulders which

[12:26:09] Rockspyder: are fairly obvious

[12:27:26] Rockspyder: I think i should warn you though that the problem posted by other users online aren't really the most correct, they severly inflated the ratings