Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day Weekend

Just curious as to everyones plans for the last big weekend of the summer Let's hear em'.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

More canyoneering.

I've got my eye on Hideout and Fry Canyons.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Canyoneering.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Go-Ride downhill race at sundance on monday.
    Anyone coming down to hit up the trails this weekend?

I have had house guests June, July and August and just got done with a week long vacation with the last guests so I am happy to sit at home and relax this weekend. I think hubby is getting sent to the Unitas for work, so it will be even more relaxing to have the house to myself!

My 7 month pregnant wife is going to Albuquerque to visit her parents. I am staying home. Probably go do some fly fishing down on the Manti Lasal. Anybody care to come, PM me

Reed

No plans yet...crept up on me. Prolly ride the BMW somewhere...a friend just bought a new one. Need to get cracking on the plans...

Lone Peak or Pfeifferhorn on Monday.
    Let's Roll

Rebuilding a deck, fixing the house and yard work

After none stop 6 weeks of outting, my wife finally put her foot down

First I got an invitation to road trip out to San Francisco. Tempting and I really wanted to go. Then I got invited to climb the Grand Teton. Even more tempting and the weather looks perfect. Then I got an invitation to go to Havasupai. http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=961

Well, the people who were going to SF were taking their mother (in-law) so I bagged that plan. Then I realized that I haven't stood on top of anything higher than a ladder all summer, so I didn't think the Grand Teton would be a good idea. Worst of all, the people headed to Havasupai left this morning and I had to work. I almost called in sick, but I don't need that kind of karma. I feel like a starving man at a buffet with his mouth sewn shut .

So, long story short, does anybody want to hike/climb Mt. Nebo on Saturday? I need altitude if I want to climb The Grand in two weeks (weather permitting). All my friends who would want to go are either going to San Francisco, on their way to Havasupai, or busy. If nobody bites I'll probably hike Timp on Saturday.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

DickHead
    I'm still hoping to hike into Marjorie lake on Sunday. Anyone have any good info on this hike?

Anyone have any good info on this hike?
    I do, but don't know if you want the below since you are moving:

If you did, I would give it to you for 1/2 price, or if you didn't I could post more info here tomorrow. I would have to look it up.

Here's what I already have on the net, so I can just cut and paste:

Driving directions:

Crystal Lake is reached from the Trial Lake spur road off Highway 150 25.7 miles east and north of Kamas. Follow the signs along the spur road to Crystal Lake. This gravel road is good for all vehicles.

Hiking directions:

From the trailhead, take the trail posted for Long and Island Lakes. The first part of the trail is actually and old road that heads west and stays above Crystal Lake. There is a sign-posted junction at the end of the old road. Turn left (west) at the junction. The trail heads west for a mile and switchbacks up to Watson Pass. From Watson Pass, the trail continues west and drops gradually one mile to Long Lake. About half way between Watson Pass and Long Lake, there is a hard to spot and un-marked junction with the Middle Fork Weber River "Trail". Chances are you wont see it. Continue on the main trail. Just before Long Lake, there is another junction with the trail to Weir Lake and North Fork Provo River.

I don't have the rest in front of me and on the net, but you can reach Marjorie Lake from nor far from Weir. I'll have to look up more detail, but if you have a map, you should be able to find it without a problem. PS, Hidden Lake used to have the best fishing in the area, but haven't been there in 9 years or so. I assume it still should be good. PS, steer clear of camping at Island or Long Lakes on Labor Day weekend!

Anyway, have a good time. Enjoy Utah while you can!
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak

this is funny, after doing stuff 6 of the last 8 weeks, the wife finally said basically the same thing.

we'll be doing landscaping this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazak

this is funny, after doing stuff 6 of the last 8 weeks, the wife finally said basically the same thing.

we'll be doing landscaping this weekend
    Yup, funny!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Yup, funny!
    sure, rub it in.....

Here is my weekend plan....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    sundance race on mon, gotta try out the new frame I am finishing up today after work
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    iceaxe,
    that is just wrong, on so many levels
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore

Quote Originally Posted by ogdmfg
    sundance race on mon, gotta try out the new frame I am finishing up today after work
    what class are you riding in?