Thread: Pictures! Look at them.

Pictures! Look at them.

So Gerry and I rode from the U up Emigration Canyon then over to Lookout Peak on Sunday. Came down Killyons Canyon, really rutted and washed, still kind of fun though. Was a pretty good ride, but I think we'll try some sort of a loop next time. Six hours to climb to the peak, one hour for the other half of the ride. Fun

Anyway, here'r some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow that sounds like a climb. The pictures are great. The picture of the Grouse is fantastic, I see them often but they are almost always running or flying away. Good job!

Great pics man! Upper Emigration has some great trails. Killyons Canyon really does suck. Going down to Affleck Park is a better/funner trail. Then you can connect to the Mormon Pioneer ride it down to Little Dell. That trail is a bomber, very fast! Not sure that option would have helped you, you would have had to ride up and over Little Mountain.

But a great ride for those who are less athletic is to start at the road below Little Mountain on the Little Dell side. Ride up the road to Little Mountain, get on the trail and ride that to the Kilyon-Affleck-Lookout Junction, turn right and ride down to Affleck to the Pioneer down to Little Dell. From there it is a short hop across the road to the car.

James

Very cool! You guys are animals...

cheers for the replies everyone.

Yeah, while we were taking one of our numerous breaks, the grouse came out of the brush and walked right up to within two feet of us, pretty surprising. Friendly little fella.

Sounds like going down to Affleck Park would have been a better option, as the climb back up Little Mountain Summit isn't too bad. Have to try that next time. Also like to try going up Big Mountain from route 65 or 40 or whatever it is, doing a loop back around under Lookout Peak.

Cool pics. (I just resized them for you.)

I've added this to the Trip Report Index under the name of Emmigration Canyon, unless you guys think I should name it something else.

Thanks.

I'd probably call it Lookout Peak, as none of the dirt riding was actually done in Emigration. Doesn't really matter to me though.