Thread: Maples Loop take 2 -- TR

Maples Loop take 2 -- TR

Mark, Shawn, and I hit Maples Loop again last night. We went clockwise this time, opposite from last time. This way seemed like more fun.

We started from the Art Nord TH, and went south, clockwise up the East Fork Trail, then cut north on the Middle Fork Trail. Right as we started heading back to the TH on the Wheeler Creek Trail, we hit a fork going left, that followed the stream down into the canyon. (this trail isn't on the map)

This was a cool trail, and it dumped us out on to the Wheeler dirt road trail, about .75 miles from the TH.

Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Maples Loop take 2 -- TR

I think they call that trail the Icebox.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Right as we started heading back to the TH on the Wheeler Creek Trail, we hit a fork going left, that followed the stream down into the canyon. (this trail isn't on the map)

This was a cool trail, and it dumped us out on to the Wheeler dirt road trail, about .75 miles from the TH.
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

Re: Maples Loop take 2 -- TR

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62
    I think they call that trail the Icebox.
    Yeah, could be. It actually was a little chilly down there.

Strange thing is, we saw this lone woman hiking UP it, and the sun had already set. It was dark, and she didn't seem like she was in any trouble. There weren't any cars at the Art Nord TH besides ours, so she was on her way in, not out. We were wondering what the heck she was doing up there that late, and she didn't ask us for help or anything.

She was probably running from you guys...

Helmet cam footage is complete, and uploaded. Here's the link for the vid.

http://media.putfile.com/Maples-2
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's a little gag reel from the video.

...and, we were wondering what this woman was doing on this trail alone, after dark. And she was going UP. We were the only vehicle in the parking lot above, too.

So, just in case there's a woman missing ...I just thought I'd post this footage.

I was in the middle of asking her "How's it going", but she just asked me if I was the last in the line. Apparently, helmetcams don't impress the ladies anymore. It's only a 4 second video. You'll hear her ask me "Are you the end?", and that's it. I've turned up the volume, and brightened the film, so it was much darker when we passed.

We were actually pretty worried about her 15 minutes later.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The helmet cam vid is not working?

You should use www.youtube.com

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    The helmet cam vid is not working?
    What's it saying? For some reason, I've got to watch these videos in Internet Explorer. I wonder if it's Firefox.

...actually, I just tried it. Firefox and IE are working for me. I uploaded this video at home, and I'm able to open it at work. So I know it's not a cookie or anything.

I'll still check into youtube, but in the meantime, maybe try IE to open it(?)

I just added it to youtube.com. The url is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G3IsGBbu_8

It is still processing though, and I'm not sure how long that takes. The thing I like about putfile.com, is it's instantly available for view once you've uploaded it. But, there are some complaints about putfile.com not opening right, and these complaints aren't anonymous.

I'm hearing that a lot of people are able to view it through putfile.com still, and only a few aren't.

Please give me your feedback.

youtube is the way to go.

Does it seem like these guys are going super slow to anyone else?
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Quote Originally Posted by PunchKing
    Does it seem like these guys are going super slow to anyone else?
    youtube, or the bikers? I know we were riding slow. It was flippin' dusty, and we couldn't see the trail.

Yeah I got it on you tube just fine now. Pufile is old school. Are you uploading wmv files? It is looking over-compressed....really blurry and pixelated. You may want to read their help page to get the best quality. http://youtube.com/t/help_makevideo

Nice little groove on the vid...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Are you uploading wmv files? It is looking over-compressed....really blurry and pixelated.
    I uploaded the same compressed vid that I used on Putfile. Now that youtube can accept up to 100MB, I'll just go home tonight and upload the original. I just did this last one at work.

I retract the last complaint about youtube, not being instantly available. It was good to go only @2 minutes after upload. I will now upload all of my other original sized helmetcam vids to youtube for better resolution.

Yeah, you tube is "rockin' a little harder now"

I finally got with the 21st century, and I converted my footage over to MPEG4 by downloading a Divx converter trial from www.download.com.

I converted this footage several times, in 640X480 and also 320X240. I am actually not seeing much difference than before, but this is what youtube suggests to do, so like a sheep, I did it.

Anyways, I'm flippin' done with this video. I've put too much time into it, and it isn't even one that I like that much. We are riding much too slow in it.

I've uploaded the helmetcam footage to 3 different locations. My pick is the Google Video player. You be the judge.

Video from youtube.com

Video from putfile.com

Video from Google Video

I really wish we had trail up here like that...you know...with real trees & stuff We do sagebrush really well & I 'bout ran over a badger the other day...nothing exciting.