Thread: Caption This...Lincoln Navigator

Caption This...Lincoln Navigator

I thought Ranger Cordell Walker solved all the crime in Texas.

FYI, Brazos County is north of Houston. College Station, home of Texas A&M, is in Brazos County.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Law enforcement is seeing the benefits of using "Selective Targetting" for their drug busts.

I hear they were pulling over all the $50,000 SUV's in the crack ghetto. That's called profiling.....and that's just wrong......

Hey, I was in Brazos just last week. It's bland, like the rest of this cursed state. I'm so sick of texas. Litterally.

Price
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    Hey, I was in Brazos just last week. It's bland, like the rest of this cursed state. I'm so sick of texas. Litterally.

Price
    I think that "Don't mess with Texas" thing is just a front. They live in the crappiest hole in the country and they know it (okay, Albuquerque is worse, but at least they're close to cool stuff like the Sandia Mountains and Taos). I want to go to Texas to see what all the fuss is about, but I have so many other places to see that I don't want to waste the time.

Texas Schmexas

I think there is some cool stuff in Texas, and when I don't have time to drive the 16 hours to Utah, I can get to places in Texas in 6 or 8 hours. Here are a couple of places I have thought were cool...

http://richardbarron.net/galleries4/llanoestacado/
    http://www.richardbarron.net/chihuahua/
    http://richardbarron.net/palodurocanyon/

Hoping to see Big Bend in the near future, too.

-Richard

Yes, but in Utah, I can actually go outside and enjoy without melting. Not to mention that I was 5 minutes from the best mountain biking and bouldering in the world.

Today is, what, the 35th day of triple digit temps is Austin?
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Re: Texas Schmexas

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    I think there is some cool stuff in Texas...
    Yeah, I've been wanting to get to Big Bend for a long time. Texas does have some cool stuff. I just have so much to do in Utah (and Wyoming) that it occupies my time.

I've had this conversation with some friends recently and we came to the conclusion that Texas is just huge. It doesn't fit into any region. As a result Texans are Texans and nothing else. You can't call them westerners unless they live in the western 1/3 of the state. You can't call them southerners unless they live in the eastern 1/3 of the state. The middle part is just an extension of the Great Plains & no Texan is going to be called a sod buster. There's no real way to define it besides calling it Texas.

Some unique notes on Texas:

Did you know that there are three distinct power grids in the US? The eastern power grid, the western power grid, and the Texas power grid. This is because of all the manufacturing in the state during WWII. War planners wanted Texas to be independent in case the other two grids went down.

Texas May be the "Lone Star State" but in fact has the option, at any time, to divide its self into five smaller states.

Texas, not New York, is the second most populated state. California is the most populated.

On a side note: you can't categorize Californians as Westerners either. They live on the coast, not in the west.