Thread: Snowbird Ski Tunnel - Video - OPEN

Snowbird Ski Tunnel - Video - OPEN

This should be pretty cool and with a conveyor belt! Wild!

http://www.kutv.com/video/?id=18428@kutv.dayport.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

10 feet high, 12 feet wide
    ...and soft as a downy chick.

That's pretty cool.

Now instead of fighting all the political BS in Ogden, Snowbasin should do this instead of fighting for the Gondola thing.

Re: Snowbird Ski Tunnel - Video - OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Nah...

Silly!

Funny thread on tele tips about it, titled, "Anyone been through the Basshole? TR please!"

Bass is quite the character. When he signs his 7 Summits book, he has a poem he insists on inserting. Printed up on self adhesive, he glues 'er right into the book. Pretty funny. Talks a million miles a minute.

Anyhoo, back to the "Basshole". I think its kinda silly. Really 3/4 million bucks not to mention the yearly upkeep? Why? So, you can spend 15 minutes on a lift and a tunnel to get to the same place you could access from the tram or another lift or two? They also say, its so intermediate skiers can access Mineral Basin. Geez, how do intermediate skiers get down from the tram? Duh, a low angle road.

Either this is a silly promotional stunt, or, a harbinger for "things" to come, or a combo platter of the two.

Not really practical. Not really cost effective. And, most "real" skiers just ski down from the top anyhow, no problemo.

Makes me wonder if the interconnect folks are behind this rig...

-Brian in SLC

Re: Snowbird Ski Tunnel - Video - OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Nah...

Silly!

Funny thread on tele tips about it, titled, "Anyone been through the Basshole? TR please!"

Bass is quite the character. When he signs his 7 Summits book, he has a poem he insists on inserting. Printed up on self adhesive, he glues 'er right into the book. Pretty funny. Talks a million miles a minute.

Anyhoo, back to the "Basshole". I think its kinda silly. Really 3/4 million bucks not to mention the yearly upkeep? Why? So, you can spend 15 minutes on a lift and a tunnel to get to the same place you could access from the tram or another lift or two? They also say, its so intermediate skiers can access Mineral Basin. Geez, how do intermediate skiers get down from the tram? Duh, a low angle road.

Either this is a silly promotional stunt, or, a harbinger for "things" to come, or a combo platter of the two.

Not really practical. Not really cost effective. And, most "real" skiers just ski down from the top anyhow, no problemo.

Makes me wonder if the interconnect folks are behind this rig...

-Brian in SLC
    yup ... also heard another (related) argument last year about lower skier capacity on the tram too at least from that side of the mountain.

IMHO they should never have expanded into mineral to begin with, then they would not have needed this.

my boycott (since expansion) still stands ... i truly hope alta never expands ... talking with onno has left me uneasy about it.