Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIRST ROUND?

FIRST ROUND?

The more I think about it the more the auto draft sucks. I'm setting my own rankings and I'm going to try and figure out with the help of my crystal ball how the first few rounds will pan out.

To help those who want to set their rankings I thought it might be helpful to let the secret out of the bag as to what postion you'll be drafting in the first round only.

I'll be drafting a RB, anyone else want to join in?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RB, unless everybody is gone. I think I'm sixth. Which means I'll still be going for a RB. Why don't you guys leave Johnson for me.

I'm planning on drafting Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander as my running backs. Then I thought I'd take Payton as the QB. Perhaps Steve Smith and Terrell Owns as my recievers..... so don't any of you guys draft these player.... OK?

You guys are already toast.... might as well just send my the cash now...

I haven't analyzed it that much yet... I need to have a look.

Where does it say what position I am in the draft? That would definitely be helpful to know.

Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    Where does it say what position I am in the draft? That would definitely be helpful to know.
    Now that's funny

Now that's funny!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

What's wrong with the auto draft? Why do you dislike it?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    What's wrong with the auto draft? Why do you dislike it?
    It's impossible to get exactly who you want unless you have the first 2-3 picks. Plus I have an order of what positions I like to pick in each round, the auto makes it difficult to choose the position you want in every single round.

I've changed my mind, I'm taking a kicker for my first pick.

Don't worry Icthys..... I pick 4th and I promise from that point on everything else will be messed up

I'm drafting a complete team of kickers..... nothing but kickers....

A couple of things I am a little confused about this auto draft..... does it pick all your starting positions before it attempts to fill in your reserves?

What if I put all the kickers on the DO NOT DRAFT list. does it leave the kicker blank or select the next hightest player from your list?

Ah ha! the great auto draft questions.

It's taken me a few years for my simple mind to figure out the auto draft. The first year I ranked my players I ended up drafting a defense in the second round! among other stupid things. With money on the line I'm not about to tell all my secrets.

I excluded all my kickers last year then picked one up on the waivers list. he ended up being one of the top kickers that year. I did the same thing with my defense, I excluded all of them and picked one up off waivers.

If you put all the kickers on the DO NOT DRAFT list. does it leave the kicker blank or select the next hightest player from your list?

From your answer I assume that if you put all kickers on the do not draft list the auto pick chooses anther player for you......

But then again.... if I remember correctly.... your team sucked last year and the first three teams were picked completely by auto....

All's fair in love, war, and fantasy football!!

Now that's funny.

Okay, what I meant was, how do we know the draft order? Is it 30 minutes prior to the draft?

Now that's funny.

Okay, what I meant was, how do we know the draft order? Is it 30 minutes prior to the draft?

Ya gotta read the forums man
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3220

I know who I'm going to try and trade with!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    If you put all the kickers on the DO NOT DRAFT list. does it leave the kicker blank or select the next hightest player from your list?

From your answer I assume that if you put all kickers on the do not draft list the auto pick chooses anther player for you......

But then again.... if I remember correctly.... your team sucked last year and the first three teams were picked completely by auto....
    if I remember correctly my 1st rnd pick was the biggest bust of the year.

But yeah, I've had chicks play as fill-ins that hardly knew what football was win the league because of the auto draft.

If you exclude all kickers you won't draft a kicker and the auto draft will pick the next available player on your list regarless of the postion.

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    Ya gotta read the forums man
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3220

I know who I'm going to try and trade with!
    Oh...oops, I never found that thread when I went to "posts since last visit". Yep, you know who to trade with now!

Did we ever decide when the draft was going to be?