Thread: DirecTV and Dish Network

DirecTV and Dish Network

Hey.... this is important for both Utah and BYU fans.....

Want to see Utah and BYU athletic events on satellite television? Please call DirecTV or Dish Network today at the numbers below and tell them you want the mtn. added to your satellite lineup on the lowest tier possible. The mtn.--a new 24-hour sports network devoted exclusively to Mountain West Conference sports--has already secured availability on Comcast Cable in Utah, Colorado and New Mexico.

Decisions by DirecTV and Dish Network regarding carrying a particular channel are largely consumer driven, so you can help get the Utes on satellite TV by calling today. Ask that your request be forwarded to a supervisor.

DirecTV
    1-800-494-4388 (existing customers)

1-888-238-7177 (new customers)

Dish Network
    1-888-284-7116 (existing customers)

1-888-825-2557 (new customers)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have Comcast...so bite me!

Here is the webpage address to request that DirecTV carry The mtn.--a new 24-hour sports network devoted exclusively to Mountain West Conference sports.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/howToReachUs.jsp

Thanks.....

My sister in law is some sort of regional manager (or something like that) for Dish network.
    She says all that the word from above is still no-go for the mtn channel.
    This is due to the fact that these satellite providers are afraid that all of the conferences across the country are going to be doing something similar to what the mtn west did.
    This just what I heard... Makes sense and make me wonder what would happened if comcast had not decided to jump the gun and sign a contact with this new channel. Really it pissed me off because its just that much more tacked on to an already too high cable bill.

Funny I was just reading an article of the many that I have read on this subject. I also got an email from both athletic directors. The worst part of this whole deal is that the mtn channel is the biggest load of rubbish since channel one in high school. A complete joke!!! This is coming from a Mass Comm major and someone who has worked in TV, Radio and Web. It stinks!!!

-------------------

Commissioner can't solve mtn. mess
    By Michael C. Lewis
    The Salt Lake Tribune

Commissioner Craig
    Thompson of the Mountain West Conference said Tuesday that "I absolutely sympathize" with college football fans who cannot see the league's new television network because it is not available on satellite broadcast services like DirecTV and Dish Network.
    "Because I'm one of them," he said.
    Nevertheless, Thompson was unwilling to predict when or even if the new network - "The Mountain" - will be available on the satellite systems during the current football season.
    The network is jointly owned by College Sports TV and Comcast, and they are negotiating with the satellite services for distribution.
    "The negotiations are vigorous," Thompson said. "They are ongoing, they are active and both sides are working tirelessly."
    School and league officials have said the satellite companies primarily are wary of paying too much to distribute a network whose audience they fear is limited.
    That has led the league, its member schools, and Comcast to urge frustrated fans to contact the satellite companies and ask that they carry the new network, in an effort to convince the companies that there is sufficient demand. But many fans report reaching customer service representatives who don't know about The Mountain.
    Dave

Advertisement

Ellis of St. George is a Brigham Young football fan who said he has been frustrated trying to call Dish Network nearly a dozen times to ask that it carry the new "Mountain" network.
    "Not once has any employee known what I was talking about," he said.
    Ellis believes the satellite companies that have yet to agree to carry the Mountain are much more easily reached via e-mail. "It will save fans frustration on the phone and will better ensure that our voices will be heard," he said.
    Contacting Satellite Providers

If this works out for the MWC you can bet your bottom dollar that every conference in the country will do the same thing. If it works the conference should make some descent coin. Also..... if I am not mistaken... I believe ComCast actually owns 1/2 of the the MTN, which is a big reason they are already on board.

This could be big for ComCast if it works out. They could become partners with many of the conferences. Everyone knows the Cable companies have taken a big hit from sat and that the Cable companies are looking everywhere to boost there subscribers and bottom line.

Maybe I should start a network or something.... maybe call it..... Canyoneers United Network Television....

So are some games only going to be available on the "Mtn" or will it just carry them all in addition to any major or local networks that have picked them up? Is this a premium comcast channel or it will show up on the basic (first 100 or so)? Anyone know the scoop?

Here is Utah's TV schedule:

UCLA - FSN
    Northern Arizona - mtn.
    Utah State - KJZZ
    San Diego State - mtn
    Boise State - Versus
    TCU - Versus
    Wyoming - mtn.
    New Mexico - mtn.
    UNLV - mtn.
    Colorado State - Versus
    Air Force - mtn.
    Brigham Young - CSTV & mtn.

FWIW: Versus is the renamed OLN

Now the good news..... I'm going down to San Deigo to watch the game live

I sent DirecTV an email today asking for the MTN. I figure every letter or email has to help the cause..... here is the response I received.

[color=darkblue][i]Thanks for your question about the Mountain West Network (MTN). I understand that the Mountain West Conference is important to you and you