Thread: Have a technical background and looking for a job?

Have a technical background and looking for a job?

I'm assuming it's ok to post this in the General forum for all UUtah members to see.

A position has opened up at my company that may be of interest to someone here, so I thought I'd write a quick description.

Title: Test Lab Manager
    Description: SLC based packaging equipment manufacturer is seeking an energetic individual to design and conduct dry product tests on packaging machinery. The successful candidate must understand and implement the scientific method during tests and R&D situations.

Responsibilities include:
    -Scheduling
    -Product handling (frequent lifting of 50lb bags)
    -Preparation of reports (MS word, excel experience helpful)
    -Mechanical/Electrical machine modifications & changeovers when necessary.
    -Customer demonstrations and correspondance
    -Interdepartment communications.

Here's a little more background on what we do: We make bag packaging and palletizing equipment (and we're a Fanuc robotics integrator). That means we make the machines that fill bags of Quickrete, dogfood, batches for bakeries and blenders, etc etc... We handle everything from earth mined products to chemicals to food grade.

We have a large test lab in our facility that we use for R&D projects as well as customer demonstrations on our machines. They send their product to us and we test it in the lab to estimates bag accuracy, rates and the proper equipment for their product. The test lab manager is responsible for scheduling and performing such tests as needed, among other things, and will report to me, in the Applications Engineering department.

Attributes we'll look for:
    -basic mechanical aptitude
    -basic electrical is a big plus, troubleshooting capability a major plus
    -organized and efficient
    -people person
    -self starter & motivated!
    -Fanuc robotic ( or any robotics) is a major plus also but not required.
    -not afraid to get dirty!

Thanks for looking and if you have any interest, shoot me a PM and I'll give you contact info to submit a resume.

We have a pretty typical medical benefits/vacation/retirement package and great hours. M-Th 7am-4pm, Fri 7-12:30.

thanks!
    Ian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Have a technical background and looking for a job?

All - this position has opened back up and I thought I would re-post for anyone interested. We were holding the position for an individual and they just recently backed out for family reasons.
    You can send your resume in Word format to ian.johnston@altivity.com
    The pay range will be $15-20/hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker

Title: Test Lab Manager
    Description: SLC based packaging equipment manufacturer is seeking an energetic individual to design and conduct dry product tests on packaging machinery. The successful candidate must understand and implement the scientific method during tests and R&D situations.

Responsibilities include:
    -Scheduling
    -Product handling (frequent lifting of 50lb bags)
    -Preparation of reports (MS word, excel experience helpful)
    -Mechanical/Electrical machine modifications & changeovers when necessary.
    -Customer demonstrations and correspondance
    -Interdepartment communications.

Here's a little more background on what we do: We make bag packaging and palletizing equipment (and we're a Fanuc robotics integrator). That means we make the machines that fill bags of Quickrete, dogfood, batches for bakeries and blenders, etc etc... We handle everything from mined products to chemicals to food grade.

We have a large test lab in our facility that we use for R&D projects as well as customer demonstrations on our machines. They send their product to us and we test it in the lab to estimates bag accuracy, rates and the proper equipment for their product. The test lab manager is responsible for scheduling and performing such tests as needed, among other things, and will report to me, in the Applications Engineering department.

Attributes we'll look for:
    -basic mechanical aptitude
    -basic electrical is a big plus, troubleshooting capability a major plus
    -organized and efficient
    -people person
    -self starter & motivated!
    -Fanuc robotic ( or any robotics) is a major plus also but not required.
    -not afraid to get dirty!

We have a pretty typical medical benefits/vacation/retirement package and great hours. M-Th 7am-4pm, Fri 7-12:30. Over time is only required in infrequent situations.

thanks!
    Ian

1881 W North Temple. It's just west of Redwood, and before the I-215 overpass.

Hey, I know a guy that is interested - I told him about it, after Fourtycal did...we both know him...and he's sending you a resume' as requested. If you want more info ask either one of us.