Thread: Mad Dog Cycles, just like money in the toilet!

Mad Dog Cycles, just like money in the toilet!

ok

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That is one sweet Road Bike man!!!!

What jackasses at Mad Dog Cycles, I won't go there either if there service was that shitty!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

um... I'm guessing your gonna be riding 100 milers on the road with that svelte beauty right? What's she weigh, about 40-41?

j/k, sucks about your tire situation. I've never heard of a tire being "too soft" for downhilling. You said you're fairly new to downhilling so I'll give ya my "I'll pretend I'm the expert" speech (I'm no expert)

Downhill tires are made soft for a reason (like 45-50 durometer), so they stick! If you ever see a tire with "sticky" tread, all it means is the rubber durometer is a lower number, giving you better traction on all types of surfaces, but also meaning they will wear faster.
    [counter point: I just recently changed the original set of low durometer Arrow Racing Downhill tires from my '01 Bighit, after probably 3,000 miles. No joke, they were definitely worn, but still rolling. That's after riding dirt trail, tons of sandstone, you name it - and the huge knobs never broke, just wore down]

If yours are trashed in two weeks I would be suspicious of a quality control issue from Bontrager. Unfortunately tires are hard to warranty, b/c really who knows what you did to them, even only after 2 weeks.

I'd suggest the Continental Diesels, or the Nokian Gazzoladi. Neither are cheap, but they do a good job. (take that back, these are on sale)
    http://www.icyclesusa.com/catalog/ti...gazza-tire.htm

I just bought a set of 2.5 WTB Weirwolf DH tires, and they've done well on my big Hit so far. The sidewalls are nice and thick. Here's a quick test when you're looking through the tire bin: if you pinch the sidewall b/w your thumb and fore finger and you can easily feel your thumbnail through the rubber, get a thicker sidewall!

Where is this Mad Dog Cycles located? I'd like to give them a call.

Sorry to get off subject but I could not help but notice you have a Specialized Big Hih Spec (downhill)ha ha frame and maby you can tell me what the longest eye 2 eye rear shock will fit that frame I might be in the market for one if my rear shock will fit. thanks..........

I ran IRC Kujos for years. They have a pinch flat resistant sidewalls so you can run lower pressures.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/144...-Blackwall.htm
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    you should really try the mich 32 in a 2.5 roll pretty fast and wear decently
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore

Sorry to reply off-topic, but you need a longer spring on your rear shock.

Section 8, I think you mean 9x2.75"...

I've run panaracer fire XC pro 2.4's, Nokian gazzalottis', and maxxis high rollers and mobsters and I like the maxxis the best. I run 'em on my Rocky Mountain RM9. 26 2.5 front and 24 2.7 rear ...absolutely love 'em but I go through a rear tire every year...front looks new still and I've run it all year. The Nokians are a harder durometer and are absolutely bulletproof but I still like the maxxis

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I've run panaracer fire XC pro 2.4's, Nokian gazzalottis', and maxxis high rollers and mobsters and I like the maxxis the best. I run 'em on my Rocky Mountain RM9. 26 2.5 front and 24 2.7 rear ...absolutely love 'em but I go through a rear tire every year...front looks new still and I've run it all year. The Nokians are a harder durometer and are absolutely bulletproof but I still like the maxxis

I am going to be getting a set of mobsters again very soon.
    thanks everyone for the sugestions

I just put a Maxxis 18"x6" rear on my motorbike and DAMN, I almost have too much traction! It's awesome! I've taken it places I know I shoulda not gone but WTF - it was worth every penny! .....can't wait to hit the Maxxis booth at INTERBIKE...they always have good swag!(and scenery) Last year I met Jessi Stensland there and had her sign a poster for me. Yeah, I'm a guy, I was drooling abit I'm afraid - for those who dont know she is a pro road bike racer. It's the poster I get comments the most on in my bike shop

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Last year I met Jessi Stensland there and had her sign a poster for me.
    I had her sign one for DJ (13 at the time) it said "Derek, wanna race? xoxox" he was embarrased but i'm sure he still has the poster stashed somewhere.