Thread: Mill Creek Dog Bombs

Mill Creek Dog Bombs

My buddy and I went for a mtn. bike ride up to Dog Lake before work on Friday morning. It was a beautiful ride up and down. One thing I saw that really chapped my hide were all the dog bombs people left by the trail . I don't mean canine land mines (raw dog poop just left in the trail), I mean doggie gifts that someone had taken the time to put in a plastic bag. Why would someone take the time to bag it up and then just leave it? Isn't the point to pack it out so it isn't fouling the air and the watershed? Aside from shooting someone to make them an example, what can we do to get people to pack out their pooches' poop?

BTW, I realize that some folks leave the bag with the intent of picking it up on the way back. I honestly think these folks intended to leave these doggie bombs behind since there were four of them. The only dogs we encountered were on a different trail and were on their way out.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

maybe they had the worse idea of packaging them, with the expectation that someone ELSE would actually take responsibility and haul them out.

this reminds me though of a seinfeld episode where jerry temporarily needs to take care of a dog, and is asked by elaine whether he picks "IT" up when he takes the dog for a walk. jerry goes on to do a comedian routine asking the question ... if aliens come down and see humans following and picking up dog $#!T, who are the aliens gonna think are in charge?

Re: Mill Creek Dog Bombs

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    My buddy and I went for a mtn. bike ride up to Dog Lake before work on Friday morning. It was a beautiful ride up and down. One thing I saw that really chapped my hide were all the dog bombs people left by the trail . I don't mean canine land mines (raw dog poop just left in the trail), I mean doggie gifts that someone had taken the time to put in a plastic bag. Why would someone take the time to bag it up and then just leave it? Isn't the point to pack it out so it isn't fouling the air and the watershed? Aside from shooting someone to make them an example, what can we do to get people to pack out their pooches' poop?

BTW, I realize that some folks leave the bag with the intent of picking it up on the way back. I honestly think these folks intended to leave these doggie bombs behind since there were four of them. The only dogs we encountered were on a different trail and were on their way out.

I say that they are just a bunch of no talent ASSCLOWNS!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

You know it is call Dog Lake......I mean really.

Seriously though, it does piss you off to roll across the poop.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    You know it is call Dog Lake......I mean really.

Seriously though, it does piss you off to roll across the poop.
    Hehe, Dog Lake. I thought that was a funny coincidence too.

I make a point of stopping to flick canine landmines (unbagged piles) off the trail when I see them, usually on my way uphill. My tire flipped a nice fresh one up on me a few weeks ago when I was riding down the Ensign Peak trail. It was pretty nasty.

What's got me fired up is that somebody took the time to wrap the presents, put a bow on them, and then carefully place them on the edge of the trail like it was somebody else's job to pick it up.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    What's got me fired up is that somebody took the time to wrap the presents, put a bow on them, and then carefully place them on the edge of the trail like it was somebody else's job to pick it up.
    Yeah, I dont get the "baggie" thing...

Is sounds to me as if they didn't want a hot steaming smelly bag of poo in their pocket or backpack, so they intend on picking it up on the way out.

Sometimes I think I have the trail to myself because there are no cars at the TH, but low and behold someone does come hiking out.