Thread: Deer Valley 8/5/06

Deer Valley 8/5/06

Planning on being there Saturday morning if anyone would like to join us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I WOULD BUT WE ARE PLANNING TO UP ON 8-6

I was up there today

The trails were amazing. The rain on Tuesday night has solidified the trails, and they've done some sprinkler irrigation of McHenry's, so the dust was non-existant today. We had a blast on the stunts on Homeward Bound (rode them 3 times), then did loops of Naildriver (twice) and Sunset (once). We threw in Twist & Shout and Pedaler's Run so we could say we rode some black diamond stuff too! The thunderstorms and lightning chased us out about 2:30, but all and all it was a fantastic day.
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

Hmmm...thats tempting.

Me and my buddies will be in Park City all of next week. We scored a condo for super cheep. A good majority of our riding looks to be up at deer valley. I am expecting my brand new Specialized Enduro SX trail between now and then, it should be a killer week.

The ride was fantastic! Myself and Matt who came down from Idaho rode 8 or 9 runs. The weather was perfect and the ground just moist enough to hold the dust. Most of the time the riding is too fast to stop and take pictures but when one of us would wreck I would pull the camera. Here is what I took.
    Attached Images Attached Images                  

I liked the pictures and the video clip. Which trail is the video clip drop? I don't remember that section on Fire Swamp or Thieves Forest.

Looks like some hairy stuff there, too much for my little XC bike. Thanks for the pics and video. It's in the index now.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    Which trail is the video clip drop?
    It is about halfway down the upper section of Thieves forest. I think there is a bypass on the left.
    I need a better camera, that clip would have been great with sound and a clear picture. :cool:

Wow tight man! Some knarly stuff up at the DV!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Looks like some hairy stuff there, too much for my little XC bike.
    We saw an older black Klein Mantra while we were there, Matt said "wow you never see those any more" I said, "all the time" since you have one.

DV has a sweet variety of trails for any skill or bike level (see the pick of the kids Matt was helping) marked just like ski runs. I like to stick to black diamond or double black but there are some great blue runs that nearly anyone would like and your Klein would handle most anything there.

man, nice shots. Brings back good memories. I've only ridden DV once, but once I got fire Swamp and thieves dialed in a bit, they are wicked fun.
    I gotta get up there again before the lifts stop for the season to break in my new bike!

How much were lift tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    We saw an older black Klein Mantra while we were there, Matt said "wow you never see those any more" I said, "all the time" since you have one.
    Yeah, I've only seen one other Klein Mantra on the trail, and that was on Slickrock.

How did that guy do, anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker
    How much were lift tickets?
    Lift tickets are $22.00 for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    How did that guy do, anyways?
    We saw the bike leaning on the wall next to the food court, I bet he was doing ok.

ok