Thread: Breakin' the Law at Willard

Breakin' the Law at Willard

My brother and I pulled a no-no tonight, as we didn't get a third passenger to go boating with us. Our other passengers bailed out at the last minute, so we scrambled for the third rider. We literally called about 30 people, none could make it.

We were scrolling down our phone lists, and were calling people we hadn't talked to in months. Still no! Who wouldn't want to go McBoating with the McFarland brothers?

So, we just said screw it, and the two of us went. By the way, the law states that when you are pulling a skier, the boat must have a flagger besides the driver. Total of 3 people minimum.

And, we towed the boat out there with my dad's Jeep, which has no lights connection for the trailer. We were all over the book.

The boat: Arrow Glass, Spyder. 1973, 17' long, and 4 passenger. Evinrude 115 HP outboard motor. Still in great condition. It still has the original paint and upholstery. Owned by my father. I love this boat.

Here are the pics . . ...which I took as I drove.
    Attached Images Attached Images                              

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice picts man, I wish I could have made it. One question where does muff get his cohonies? I need to learn to go vertical like that boy.

Yeah, that boy be goooood! Very nice pictures!

Kick ass dude! You need a camera with a bigger zoom and faster lenses.

I have one for that purpose *hint* *hint*

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    Kick ass dude! You need a camera with a bigger zoom and faster lenses.
    Yeah, I couldn't really zoom while I was driving and controlling the throttle. I was multi tasking. I was just turning around and taking quick shots as he was crossing the wake.

The faster lens thing, I just didn't use the flash on that interior pic, and I must have flinched when I hit the button. But anyways.... I've got a lot of excuses.

This has been forwarded to the proper authorities for them to review in light of your vulgar disregard for the law...
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Looks like a great day for it too. I didn't see another boat in your pictures and the water looks pretty smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Looks like a great day for it too. I didn't see another boat in your pictures and the water looks pretty smooth.
    Yeah, our reasons for avoiding other boats were other than finding good water, too. We passed a couple of boats that gave us some strange looks.

Those are the baddest gloves I have ever seen!

Those are some great pictures too. That is some impressive air, and with no tower! I don't think that i have ever seen anyone get up like that on a tantrum or air with no tower. With a pole or tower he would be soaring.

Maybe it's best that he doesn't have a tower..... for his own safety. He'd be blowing out knees and ankles all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD
    Those are the baddest gloves I have ever seen!
    Yeah baby, right outta the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD
    That is some impressive air, and with no tower! I don't think that i have ever seen anyone get up like that on a tantrum or air with no tower. With a pole or tower he would be soaring.
    Yeah, we started wakeboarding on this boat before towers were on the market, so we've learned to hit the wake hard. The wake isn't much bigger than a Sea Doo, and we've toyed around with those as well on a board.

We'll go out with my uncle Mark once in a while, he's got a great setup, nice wake and a good tower. We can tone it down when we get the big stuff so we don't hurt ourselves too bad.

WAY killer shots, man!!!

the ones of you guys against the sky, clouds, and sun are sweeeeet!!!!

i think there might be some picbar material there.

So who was driving while you were working the camera???

Maybe you better add Ice to your little black book

Quote Originally Posted by stefan

Thanks. Yeah, those were my favorites too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    So who was driving while you were working the camera???
    You should've seen it. I was sitting sideways in the driver's seat. My elbow was on the throttle, hand on the steering, and my other hand was holding the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    You should've seen it. I was sitting sideways in the driver's seat. My elbow was on the throttle, hand on the steering, and my other hand was holding the camera.
    But more importantly..... how was ya holding your beer???

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    But more importantly..... how was ya holding your beer???

That was my brother's job. He had a free hand while he was riding, with only one hand on the rope.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    WAY killer shots, man!!!

Agreed.....those are some fantastic shots!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

That has to be the cleanest 70's boat around! Amaizing, and good work on the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    That has to be the cleanest 70's boat around! Amaizing, and good work on the pictures.
    We've taken good care of it. I used to wax it a couple of times a summer.

You got some sweet shots there! I like the ones where he's in the air with the mountains behind him. Dang that looks cool... You Utahns take for granted that mountains are in every picture you take. Where I'm from you only see them on vacation!

Gotta love this place