Thread: ANY GOOD DOWNHILL AT BRIANHEAD. ANY BLACK DIAMOND RUNS?

ANY GOOD DOWNHILL AT BRIANHEAD. ANY BLACK DIAMOND RUNS?

GOING TO BRIAN HEAD THIS WEEKEND. ANYONE KNOW THE COOL DOWNHILL SHUTTLE RUNS DOWN THERE?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wish I did man. Good luck.

Take some good photos, and let us know how it went.

There will a national bike race going on down there this weekend for 3 days. I have only ridden the trails that they will be holding the downhill races on. I am not familiar with any other black diamond type runs other than the race courses. This may not be the best weekend to ride unless you are racing.

THANKS WE THOUGHT SO TO, SO WE ARE NOT GOING. BUT I WOULD STILL LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE TRAILS IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO INCASE WE GO IN THE FUTURE.

I don't know if they would necessarily be considered black diamond, but both Bunker Creek and Dark Hollow are classic downhill trails that start near the Brian Head peak. Both are a blast. If I remember correctly, Dark Hollow is something like 5000 feet vertical descent over 15 miles.

DickHead
    I DONT KNOW I AINT NEVER BEEN. HEY MY CAPS KEY BROKE ON MY LAPTOP.

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    asshole

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    That's some funny shiznit! I always think someone is yelling at me when they write in all caps now!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Brian Head kicks some serious ass. All the trails there are downhill. I have done Dark Hollow and both the Left and Right Forks of Bunker Creek. I would rate Dark Hollow as the single best trail I have ever ridden on, it

Maybe I'm just reiterating was James said, but with some more detail.

We did 3 shuttles one day, Bunker Creek, Dark Hollow, then Blow Hard. I would actually rate those in that order for enjoyment and technical aspect too, from fun to funnest.

Blow Hard is by far the most technical of those three, and very very fun! The other two trails are also great downhills, but have many more cruising sections and aren't quite as challenging.

I think when you buy a shuttle you get one free run on the lifts too. We ran out of time in the day to do that but it sounds like they have some decent stuff off the lifts too.

this is right before a very challenging section on Blow Hard. To her right is a 1000 ft drop off.

have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker
    this is right before a very challenging section on Blow Hard. To her right is a 1000 ft drop off.

have fun
    More pics, more pics, more pics!!!

I can't get enough of that place.

James

Here are a few more I had of Brian Head from our rides on Blow Hard and Bunker Creek. I wish I had more too!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I totally agree. I just got back from riding Blowhard, Dark Hollow, & Bunker Creek.... the most fun I have ever had on a mtn bike. I had a camera but was having too much fun to stop. We used Mountain Bike Buddies out of St George for the shuttle. Can't beat em!

http://www.mountainbikebuddies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker
    I had a camera but was having too much fun to stop.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. That's why I went and bought a helmet cam. Now most of my pictures are of the climb, and the video is on the way down.

BTW, even though this thread isn't "structured" very well, (as a specific trail report), it's got enough pictures that I've added this to the Trail Report index.

Cool pictures! Thanks.