Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having some fun over at the DWR

Having some fun over at the DWR

I love how some people get all worked up. Over on the DWR site the hottest issue is usually wolves in Utah. The issue brings out the best in rednecks! Here is the pic I posted. Then the pictures I used for the one I posted. It turned out very well and I haven't had anyone comment the picture looks fake! I'm now considering hoisting a troll up on top of the wolf going for a ride, or even bigfoot taking his pet wolf out for a walk complete with leesh and collar!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Share the link with us

"Was your bus shorter than most of the buses at your school?"

Now that's funny..... I might have to visit that site more often...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    12 pages...
    It also made it over to MonsterMuleys.com

I like the site, it kills me how serious people get, including the DWR Admin.
    sasquatch is a hot topic there too.
    A post with both would take off!

Too funny!!!

People want to believe so badly that they completely forget to view the world with a critical eye...

That forum is pretty uptight. I posted over there for a while, but then stopped after everything I had to say was always taken so damn seriously. That and I would ask for advice about hunting and fishing stuff, and jackasses would come on there and reply saying crap like... "Hey idiot, go read the proclamation!"

I don't need that.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

How many DWR members equals a full set of teeth?

Do you understand how much more powerful the anti-hunter/Kool-Aid drinkers/Sierra Club lobbying organizations are?

you ought to do a sasquatch peeing on a tree, or a DWR vehicle...
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

That's good stuff over there.

You've got so many philosophers in one place.

Good work icthys.

Those guys really don't understand the food web. Hunters and predators are not competing for the same animals. Seriously, they're not. Hunters are looking for the big buck/bull for a trophy. Wolves are looking for the sick/weak/young for the easiest meal possible. If anything having a top predator, like wolves, in an area will increase the health of the game population. Sure numbers will go down some, but the animals that are left will be more worth a hunter's time.

Of course livestock predations are another topic. Some of those guys need to learn about a program they have in Idaho called "shoot, shovel, and shut up," especially the shut up part.

Sorry for getting serious. I'm glad we have a board for people with broader horizons. That was sure a good ruckus.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    a program they have in Idaho called "shoot, shovel, and shut up,"

Here's another great story about DWR. Last year when I was going to King's Peak, I wanted to know how the fishing was. I went into the DWR offices and the guy there had never heard of King's.

The DWR just sent me a PM asking if the photo was real.

I spilled the beans knowing that wolves in Utah is actually a big deal.

I hope they find the humor in it also.

Five or so years ago they (meaning officials) captured a wolf near Peterson (between Mtn. Green and Morgan). They're around, no doubt. Still funny that you got such a rise out of those guys.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    The DWR just sent me a PM asking if the photo was real.

I spilled the beans knowing that wolves in Utah is actually a big deal.

I hope they find the humor in it also.
    Busted! Let us know what they say. It's Cory, right?

I'm deciding if I want to go back over there to stir some crap up.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum