Thread: New Pontoon! TR

DickHead

New Pontoon! TR

Sorry, no pics. I meant to take some but was too busy trying to catch fish....
    I bought an ODC Sport pontoon boat not too long ago. We just moved into a rental, so I wasn't able to get it out of the box until this weekend.
    First let me say, holy crap! These things are stable, fast with oars, and make great fishing craft. I took it to Jordanelle for about 6 hours yesterday morning, and it worked great! I was even able to tow a buddy in his float tube around

The things that are missing:
    Rod holders
    Anchor point (for a little grappling hook anchor)
    Folding seat put alot of pressure on my shoulder blades.

Being a shortie, its a slight stretch for me to reach the foot rests, even on thier shortest length.

All in all, the thing is fun.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am looking at getting me one of these for X-mas, do you have any pictures of the one you got?

Also does anyone else have a preference to any certain pontoon boats, or a certain length? I am still undecided and would like to hear some opinions.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    I am looking at getting me one of these for X-mas, do you have any pictures of the one you got?

Also does anyone else have a preference to any certain pontoon boats, or a certain length? I am still undecided and would like to hear some opinions.
    http://www.creekcompany.com mine is the ODC sport, its thier entry level 'toon
    In utah you technically need a 9' 'toon to run moving water (like the Green River). Also, make sure you get one with enough weight capacity for you and your crap.

This is the boat that I have been looking at.

Discover a new world of possibilities with the Discovery 9. This 9' pontoon boat will take you places on lakes and rivers that were inaccessible before. The 9' tubes offer increased tracking, a greater load capacity, and more stability than shorter pontoons. Its 600/1200 denier PVC outer skin with welded seams, tough vinyl bladders, a 6-piece aluminum frame, motor mount, anchor system and a rod holder round out the features of this river tough pontoon boat.

BOAT SPECS

Inflated Size: 50 x 108"
    Weight: 54 lbs.
    Frame: 5-pc Aluminum
    Air Cell Type: Vinyl
    Load Capacity: 400 lbs.
    Seams: Sewn Warranty: 5 Year

Fabric Denier
    600 PVC
    1200 PVC
    Attached Images Attached Images  

DickHead
    Discovery has a good rep as far as I can tell.
    try this link on for size
    http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin....cgi?forum=81;

Buck makes a good all around pontoon boat. I have gone thru a few different brands over the years and now have 3 Bucks. They are especially good on the river. The extreme and the bronco have gone over lunch counter many a time. I personally would get the clamp down oar locks , yours probably came with the O ring style and the oars can slide up or down. Problem with that if you are on a river is that a rock can shove one thru your teeth. Now with that being said, I will probably be selling 2 of mine so I can get a good 14 foot jon boat with a decent motor.
    Pontoons are fun and they have their niche but as time goes on you find out a boat sure holds more beer.

Today was the day, I finally got around to taking a few pictures of my new pontoon boat. I ended up with the Fish Cat Cougar boat made by Outcast. Here is the info.

The Cougar's quad pontoon design increases the load capacity, stability, tracking and offers less wind resistance than a conventional pontoon boat. These features combine to keep the season open longer by staying afloat in as little as 3" of water. Its 8-piece aluminum frame and 7' 4 piece oars makes for compact storage and easy transport.
    BOAT SPECS

Inflated Size: 60" x 96"
    Weight: 75 lbs.
    Frame: 8-pc Aluminum
    Air Cell Type: Vinyl
    Load Capacity: 375 lbs.
    Seams: Sewn Warranty: 5 Year

Fabric Denier
    900 PVC
    900 PVC

I can't wait to get out and use it, I am sure that I will be very happy with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

It looks really nice! I'm jealous.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Visitors found this page by searching for:

fish cat 9ir top view

bucks bronco extreme pontoon

Cat fish potoon

provo river pontoon