Thread: Anybody see the new episode of 30 Days?

Anybody see the new episode of 30 Days?

It was pretty good. I really enjoy Morgan Spurlock's style.

Anyhoo this America loving Minuteman went to live with a family of illegals for 30 days. Needless to say he had an eye opening experience. All of you immigration haters should go watch it.

James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Anybody see the new episode of 30 Days?

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    It was pretty good. I really enjoy Morgan Spurlock's style.

Anyhoo this America loving Minuteman went to live with a family of illegals for 30 days. Needless to say he had an eye opening experience. All of you immigration haters should go watch it.

James
    I watched it. Very well-done piece. Some of the best TV I've seen in a while. So much better than the many pointless, crap reality pieces out there. For marketing, they promoted it as what looked like a "reality show," but I was surprised to find that it was really just a well-done documentary-- much more real than so-called "reality" shows. It was unbiased, and showed both sides of a story that most people don't have any sort of personal experience with. I've been in Mexico, seen all the stuff they were showing when the minuteman went to visit the immigrants' previous home in Mexico. Because of my experience with people, I think Bush is getting something right with his more moderate and compassionate approach to immigration. The people are going to be here, and although many are here illegally, 99% are not criminals, just people that are willing to take risks in getting here and willing to work their butts off and live in our definition of "poverty" so they can provide significantly more for their family back home...

I think America helping Mexico to raise its bar and get out of corruption would do more than anything to help stop the flow.

The issues are complex, complex, complex! But i think compassion is the key.