Thread: New bike! :0

New bike! :0

I have to gloat a little bit I just experienced something rare, but always in the back of every biker's mind... A new bike!

Finally broke down and got a proper all mountain bike. My Big Hit served it's purpose for a few years as my trail bike, with more uphill miles than I want to think about, and now is my payday. I am riding the Big Hit b/c I stripped down another bike to build up her Enduro, which she loves.

It's sort of a funny story and since you are bored and have nothing better to do than read my garbage I'll indulge you

For 8 months I'd been drooling over one of the two remaining '05 Enduros at the shop... they'd already been marked down to bottom line, and with the upgraded rear shock it was a no-brainer except for the cash flow part. One was my size and the other just a tad too small.

Anyway wifey and I finally went in on Saturday morning looking fairly seriously at it and decided on one more night to sleep on it. Of course I was worried about it being sold but heck it'd been there for 8 months! I went to work in the afternoon and wifey decides to go back and get it for me for my birthday coming up. As she walked in the door much to her disbelief there is a guy at the checkout counter with MY BIKE!

Bless her heart, her eyes started welling up at the thought of coming home empty handed and even asked the guy if she could have it instead oh him.. no luck. She is obviously upset so the bike shop guy thinks for a moment and says he has a solution. He brings up the brand new 06 shop demo bike painted a special "test bike" color that no other bikes have. It's got SRAM upgrades, the special paint and the DHX 5.0 upgrade as well, with Juicy 8" front and 7" rear rotors... She's purdy

Much to my surprise she drove home with it that day and to thank her for it we went out and had two of best rides of our lives this weekend. Dam this bike likes to go fast

Moral of the story is:
    -marry someone who loves you for who you are, and you're a smart man.
    -marry someone who loves bikes as much as you and you will ride forever!
    Thanks honey!

Thar she be... "Rusty"

Wifey Kickin A on the Crest Trail

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Congrats on the ride.
    I have been drooling over the Enduro for a wile
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

I am also looking at buying a fram and having one built up
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

That's not a bad way to go at all. I've built two bikes that way and have been very happy with them both. I have had great luck with the classifieds on mtbr.com.

The people who list there seem more likely to have quality stuff than any joe shmo who has an ebay account. I'd bet you can get a used 06 frame for a good price right now!

Just a quick word on the build of this bike. So far I am really impressed with the SRAM X.9 derailleur and shifters. I have always run Shimano before but I'm glad this came with something new and improved. Also the Avid Juicy 7's Kick A... It's a great alternative to the Hayes and you can dial in your lever actuation.

have fun with your build! I've got an 01 Big Hit if you're interested in that

Awesome story dude! Good to have a wife that understands. My wife let me get a second motorcycle recently and I will owe her for life.

cool!