Thread: Biking and Moped sales up

Biking and Moped sales up

I thought this was interesting, but perhaps predictable.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060718/...line_mopeds_dc

Anyway, my wife and I got new bikes not too long ago. Anyone else bike to work? At my house, gas is now $3.28 a gallon , and I like to bike anyway.

Unfortunately, my mountain bike is ready to bite the dust, but I still have a good road bike. Right after my Eduador trip, I'm buying a new mountain bike as well.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

i have (and still) use a bike everyday to work(school) since 1993. my bike in college got stolen, so i got a used one at that point (1995) from a good friend, which i still use ... it's a fisher 1990 hookooeekoo ... still running strong. love it

I used to bike to work now and again at my old job. It was only 5 miles from my home. Back in October 2002 my car died and I rode my bike/TRAX to and from school/work for almost three months until I got a new car.

My job now is 14 miles from home. I am sure that just one one-way trip would be enough to kill me. I haven

That's good! I bike everyday of the year to work, except if it's actually snowing or downpouring. It's a '98 Fisher Kaitai!

Hey Scott, you want to buy it?
    I have a new road bike, but if it is a mountain bike, I would consider.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

DickHead

Re: Biking and Moped sales up

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    I thought this was interesting, but perhaps predictable.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060718/...line_mopeds_dc

Anyway, my wife and I got new bikes not too long ago. Anyone else bike to work? At my house, gas is now $3.28 a gallon , and I like to bike anyway.

Unfortunately, my mountain bike is ready to bite the dust, but I still have a good road bike. Right after my Eduador trip, I'm buying a new mountain bike as well.
    I bike to work when I can, but working shiftwork puts a damper in my motivation. Not a big fan of riding to work at 0430am.
    Besides being a money saver, its an incredibly easy way to build base fitness.
    Right now, the wife and I are going back and forth about the neighborhoods we're looking at in VA. I want to be closer to work, which is entirely possible. A 10-15 mile commute would probably increase my number of commute days tenfold.

Can you ride a scooter or moped on the freeway?

I have a motorcycle (Vulcan 750) but I'm a wimp and don't like to ride it anywhere after seeing a few nasty motorbike wrecks on the same road i drive to work. So, yeah, I'm currently one of those communiting in his full-sized gas guzzling truck... need to get a bike one of these days, but its a pretty big hill...

I spent the winter of 2004/2005 building up a bike intended solely for commuting to work. It's also adequate for the occasional lightly loaded multi-day tour or cyclocross race. At the time, all of my coworkers were teasing me about how much time, money, and effort I put into it. It's also deceptively fast and often gets used for shorter club rides where everybody else is on racing bikes.

Now I'm commuting to work two or three times per week from 10 miles away. It takes me about 35 minutes in (more down than up) and 45 minutes home. Just driving takes about 20 minutes each way so I lose about a half an hour each day I ride. With gas prices as high as they are now, I have my revenge and get to laugh in their faces.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Can you ride a scooter or moped on the freeway?
    I don't think any scooters or mopeds are legal on the freeway. Some aren't capable of the minimum speed. It would be scary as hell anyway. I ride a suzuki intruder 800. I took it to moab once and it would get a little spooky when a big truck would come by. The wind gusts can push you around.

I live in draper and work in the millcreek area and i always take my bike on wasatch. I love avoiding the traffic, it is a nice peaceful ride to work. I find when I take the freeway I get home and I am frustrated but when i take wasatch i feel good.

I could never ride a moped or scooter after all the fun I have made of guys I have seen on them.....

...I mean this is back in the day when I was an asshole.... not now that I'm mike toast......

One of my all time favorite remarks.....

"Hey dude.... nice Menstrual cycle"

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD

I live in draper and work in the millcreek area and i always take my bike on wasatch.
    Where do you work? I live in millcreek, but work in Ogden :?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    "Hey dude.... nice Menstrual cycle"

Yup, the scooters certainly don't have much going for them. Everyone has heard the one like, "fun to ride but you never would want your friends to see you on it.......and such with the double meaning.

I work close to the Dan's on 3300 S and 2300 E.