Thread: Best digital camera batteries?

Best digital camera batteries?

Either my digital camera just sucks batteries waaay too fast, or I'm using some cheap rechargeables that I need to replace with something better. It takes AA batteries, so do any of you have any that you're really impressed with?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've noticed when using batteries that rechargeables never last as long as disposables for some reason.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Several of the newer NIMH batteries are 2500-2700 MAH.
    Compared with the older rechargables that were something like 800 MAH they are greatly improved.

I use Energizers and they work well. I use a lot of them and its certainly better than filling up a dump with dead batteries. Just buy enough that you can always manage to have some charged. Also remeber that they have a tendancy to discharge when not in use. Don't expect to charge them and then use them 6 months later. You need to charge them just before use.

SOME electronics have a setting for rechargeable batteries vs Alkaline so check your device.

I do notice that many of my devices have a battery meter that does not work correctly with rechargables. That does not effect how long they last, its just a meter.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

I have Digital Rechargable NI-MH 2000mAh, these came with the camera I bought off of ebay these are verry good battery's I have never had a problem with them like these ones

link here

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    I have Digital Rechargable NI-MH 2000mAh, these came with the camera I bought off of ebay these are verry good battery's I have never had a problem with them like these ones

[link here
    That's actually the kind I have. So maybe my problem is that I'm waiting too long after I charge them to use them. I usually charge four at a time, but I don't usually take a lot of photos, so the second set usually sits there for a couple of week before I need to use them. Then again, it's frustrating when both the batteries in the camera and the spares have lost their charges because of a long time in between photo taking opportunities, then something comes up at the spur of the moment for which I need a camera, and I have no good batteries with which to do so. I was just wondering about lithium or other longer-lasting batteries, as a possible solution.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    I use Energizers and they work well.
    Ditto on the Energizers. I have two sets (4 each) of Energizer 2500 mAh rechargeables, and they last for a very long time in my camera. They often sit in the camera for weeks without being used, but they're still good for several hundred pictures, mostly with the viewscreen turned on. I've never used anything else, so I'm not sure how they stack up to other brands.

Energizer Lithium. They last a very long time.

But, when taking pics locally (not on a long trip) I'll just use the energizer rechargeables. I've got 12 of them around the house. Something's always running out of batteries, but I haven't bought any new AA's for a while now.

TIP O' THE DAY
    There are settings on your digital camera that will consume less juice. For instance, mute all sound. This means the "click" sound when you snap a picture, or the start up sound, etc...

Also, your display. I've got mine to turn off after 10 seconds. If you want it back up, you can just tap a button. But most of the time, the display window is lit up more than it needs to be. These are just a couple of things that will conserve your energy, and your batteries will last probably 40% longer.