Thread: Willard bay 2nite

Willard bay 2nite

Accadacca, Sammy, and I hit Willard bay tonight. Sammy brought the nice package this time. He's got a 27' Thompson with two F350s in it. That's right, 2 of 'em. It's a loud sucker! It'll rip you up out of the water though, and on that ski.

My wife, and Sammy's wife joined us, along with acca's son. In the video, acca and I are in the tube. I'm on the left, he's on the right. I bail out at the 49 second mark, and acca flies out head over heels at the 1:12 mark Then Sammy and I take it for a spin while accadacca drives.

Here are some pics and the video. Sorry, the video is VERY shaky. But, that's what you get while filming in a boat. -- and yes, that image is acca's legs flipping out of the tube.

Click image to play video

If it lets you... here is a direct link to the video that will open it in your own player:
    http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/d3-19501383591.wmv

Putfile.com doesn't like that though. They want us to go to their site to watch the media, so that link may not work for you. (please tell me if it does)
    Attached Images Attached Images          

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That was a blast! I am feeling it today...but well worth it.

did that video open for you in it's own player, or did it force you to watch it on www.putfile.com ?

I am on a mac and they dont act the same as windows. In that situation it prompted me to download or open. I just dumped it to my desktop and watched it local. Loved it!

i clicked the image in the first post (on a mac) and it opened for me in the browser window and ran

nice vid

Nice.

That is a pretty mean wake. I love Willard, you can always find good water on that lake. I was there yesterday and it was perfect. The only bad thing is when the bugs come out, there are some mean horseflies out there. We didn't see any yesterday. Looks like you guys had a good time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD
    Nice.

That is a pretty mean wake. I love Willard, you can always find good water on that lake. I was there yesterday and it was perfect. The only bad thing is when the bugs come out
    Yeah, there weren't any bugs that night. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe the sound of the boat scared 'em.

You know, a lot of "elite" boaters look down on Willard Bay. They say it's dirty. Hell, Pineview isn't any cleaner. It's green, and Willard's brown. Pineview makes you pay that damned fee everytime you launch as well, even when you have the state parks pass.

Willard is 10 times bigger, easier to access, and less expensive.

I know what you are saying about the "elite" boaters. Around here they all go to jordanelle or deer creek. Those lakes are alright but you have to be out there late in the evening or early in the morning to get decent water. I'm fine with everyone looking down on Willard though, it just means more open lake for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD
    That is a pretty mean wake.
    Yup, that boat is the shiz. You just need ear plugs to ride in it. I need to learn how to jump and I wont look like I am surfing. I do just like playing in the wake though.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I need to learn how to jump and I wont look like I am surfing.
    It's a lot easier than most people think. You start out by just going over the wake faster and faster until you're catching a little air. Then, you'll realize it's a lot easier to land it if you are coming down on the other wake. It makes for a nice, smooth landing ramp, rather than smacking down on the flat water.

It's a lot easier than most people think. You start out by just going over the wake faster and faster until you're catching a little air. Then, you'll realize it's a lot easier to land it if you are coming down on the other wake. It makes for a nice, smooth landing ramp, rather than smacking down on the flat water.
    Right on. I hate it if I don't make it over the wake, the landing hurts. Alot of people get nervous to clear the wake but it is a way harder landing if you don't clear it. Whenever someone clears it for the first time they realize how much easier it is.