Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: **UUTAH Fantasy Football 2006**

Yep, somehow the draft got screwed up cause I did set the order and even set up my draft order to reflect my #9 position.

There is a thread started for the screwed up draft go there and lets talk about making it right.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

R. Droughns

Damn..... I predict this will be the best wavier pick-up of the season.... Droughns is an asshole, but he will still put up some numbers, I can't believe Royd cut him. This is a fella I would have shopped on the trading block.

When I saw Droughns on the wavier list and looked at my 8th ranking I knew I was in big trouble and would not get him....

Nice pick-up P-DIDDY CREW......... double damn....

I was on the list also, stinking waiver list, at least I got Chester Taylor if he pans out.

Nice pick up on Gore, he's the man in SF now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    R. Droughns

Damn..... I predict this will be the best wavier pick-up of the season.... Droughns is an asshole, but he will still put up some numbers, I can't believe Royd cut him. This is a fella I would have shopped on the trading block.

When I saw Droughns on the wavier list and looked at my 8th ranking I knew I was in big trouble and would not get him....

Nice pick-up P-DIDDY CREW......... double damn....

WTF?!?!?

I picked up Droughns only a few hours after he was cut!! It even said so on my team notes waiver: "D Davis for R Droughns pending August 31"

That's BULLSHIT!!!!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I picked up Droughns only a few hours after he was cut!! It even said so on my team notes waiver: "D Davis for R Droughns pending August 31"
    Droughns was on Waivers, which means everyone can put in a claim. The guy who is lowest seed on the wavier list gets him. The wavier list is in the reverse order of the draft (anther benefit of not being #1). If you are successful on picking up a player from waivers you go to the end of the list and everyone moves up one place. The current wavier order can be viewed on the league page.

Read the rules.....

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    Nice pick up on Gore, he's the man in SF now.
    Yeah..... I got the smartest kid in the dumb reading group

I was suprises that I so easily picked up Deangelo Williams. I'm thinking he'll have a break out year, especially with how injury prone foster is. So many players i want to pick up but non i want to drop. I need like three more bench spots.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    I was suprises that I so easily picked up Deangelo Williams. I'm thinking he'll have a break out year, especially with how injury prone foster is. So many players i want to pick up but non i want to drop. I need like three more bench spots.
    Lots of good prospects for sure.

I've thought about adding bench spots (if I can), what does everyone else think?

Yeah I thought about Droughns too the other night. I need some more time to analyze...

My Domanick Davis is on the auction block...he'll be on injured reserve soon...

Quote Originally Posted by "Iceaxe
    I can't believe Royd cut him. This is a fella I would have shopped on the trading block.
    Okay, I might have been able to trade him, but when I looked around and saw Anderson and his 12 tds still available, it looked like a good dump to me. Droughns is overrated--a lot of yards, but not a lot of tds and not much passing yardage either, of course, a little more rushing and passing yardage than Anderson, but not enough to make up for a lack of touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    I've thought about adding bench spots (if I can), what does everyone else think?
    NO!!!

Managing your bench and waivers is half the fun. If you open more bench spots that just means everyone will stock pile the good players and there will be none to pick from. I hate it when I see a good player sit on the bench all season long when someone is in need of them. This game is often won and lost on finding the fringe player. By lengthening the bench you remove the fringe.

If anything I would vote to shorten the bench one position.

Also.... its not fair to change the rules in the middle of the game....

Yeah I say leave the default settings. They seem to work pretty good and I like searching for players too.

I agree that Droughns is overated. Look he played in Denver and that is a big reason he looked so good for a few years and got some pub.

Let the game begin.....

Bring it Bitches!!!!!

I have changed my Yahoo avatar to reflect my surly disposition!!!

Get in my way, and I will scalp you!!!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Hey "Rusty Trombones" -- Where did you come up with your name?

Just curious........pervert...

32 points, and not even half my team has played yet...

You're all in REAL BIG trouble!!!!

Ah kiss it. Just cause half your team played and above average I might add. Dang I wish I had a better team. Check out my team in my work league. $20 fee and I will roll them.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Hey "Rusty Trombones" -- Where did you come up with your name?

Just curious........pervert...

Interesting story.....

Seems that is how my team may turn out LOL!!!!!

I feel like I just recieved one from Culpepper.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.