Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Backpack List

My fear of bears disappeared after the second night. It then turned to wolves.

If I saw a bear that wasn't afraid of me, I wouldn't shoot it. I would shoot up in the air to scare it away. ... if it wasn't afraid of me.

Plus, we had some fun shooting targets. That's enough reason to bring a gun for me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Don't get me wrong, I love me some guns. I have just never thought about needing them for bears. Now that I say this I am probably going to get attacked next time I'm up there.

I am starting to get a little off subject but I have heard that if you are confronted by a wolf pack, the best way to avoid being attacked and eaten (assuming you don't have a gun) is to get loud and aggressive and start jumping around and throwing things. They say that they won't attack if they see a possibility of being hurt themselves.

Has anyone else heard this? or is this a bunch of BS

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD
    I have heard that if you are confronted by a wolf pack, the best way to avoid being attacked and eaten (assuming you don't have a gun) is to get loud and aggressive and start jumping around and throwing things.
    I'll just pack my fighting gloves next time. Don't mess with the red white and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'll just pack my fighting gloves next time. Don't mess with the red white and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD
    Don't get me wrong, I love me some guns. I have just never thought about needing them for bears. Now that I say this I am probably going to get attacked next time I'm up there.

I am starting to get a little off subject but I have heard that if you are confronted by a wolf pack, the best way to avoid being attacked and eaten (assuming you don't have a gun) is to get loud and aggressive and start jumping around and throwing things. They say that they won't attack if they see a possibility of being hurt themselves.

Has anyone else heard this? or is this a bunch of BS
    I once took a wolf seminar while on vacation in Alaska, the Wolf expert said that there is not a single documented case of a person ever being attacked by a pack of wolves any where in the world. He said people think wolves are very dangerous because they are portrayed that way in movies.

When we got home, I tried to research this supposed fact, and as of yet I haven't ever heard or read of a person being attacked or even killed by a wolf pack.

Lone wolves on the other hand are more dangerous, and that is usually because they are starving to death (literally).

I'll bet you could just punch the ground with those bad boys and the shock wave will send all the critters running in fear. Run them through the waters and all the fish will jump out and submit to you. I'll bet they are so hot you can cook with them too.

I think that you should change your backpacking list to:

1. Badass gloves.

And that's all you need.

I once took a wolf seminar while on vacation in Alaska, the Wolf expert said that there is not a single documented case of a person ever being attacked by a pack of wolves any where in the world. He said people think wolves are very dangerous because they are portrayed that way in movies.
    Yeah. Now that I think of it, wasn't there a documentary where someone went and studied some wolves and found that there main source of food was rodents?