Thread: Kolob Video, Photos, and TR

Kolob Video, Photos, and TR

Alright, time for what you've all been waiting for. "Long" 7 minute video of Kolob with pictures and write up here:

http://utoutdoors.blogspot.com/2006/...revisited.html

For canyoneers with A.D.D. you can watch a ultra fast forwarded 2 min. version of the video here (includes a link to the photos and the beginning paragraphs of the write up):

http://backcountryblog.blogspot.com/...revisited.html

Misery Canyon video to come some day possibly in the distant future. I'm sick of editing video and uploading pictures

Eric.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice... damn nice! Nothing but the 7 minute version for me. Great video again Eric. The music with the video gets me excited to do a canyon again.

amazing stuff eric

that zoom on the tall rappel was really great.
    looks like you all had a superfun time.

Re: Kolob Video, Photos, and TR

Awesome video!! (I am a little biased, I must admit) ..

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    Misery Canyon video to come some day possibly in the distant future. I'm sick of editing video and uploading pictures

Eric.

Maybe we can talk Josh into editing the next one. He is a film major, after all...

And for those of you that don't know shaggy, here are a few pics of the face behind the camera in action...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

and if you wanna know how eric gets such great footage of everything, notice he has his camera (in the box),
    around his neck, at all times...downclimbing, rappelling, stemming, swimming (?), he's ready to shoot....dedicated that man is
    [maybe not at all times....but most of the time]

Great TR and pic Eric. I couldn't get the video to work on my crappy work computer. Have the pictures been removed from your last trip down Kolob?

Kolob in a day, you guys are hard-core. I almost makes me cry when I see pictures of Kolob, that's how bad I want to go back. But it doesn't look that is going to happen ever, or at least anytime soon.

James

Very nice Vid Eric!!! I almost feel like I was there!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Thanks for the props Ben, I especially liked the "Ladies?" comment

Stefan, yes I even swim with my camera strapped to me, if it's tucked deep in my dry bag, I will never take pictures. I used to hook it to the outside of my backpack, but in Imlay I tossed my pack into a pothole and the impact popped the waterproof case open ruining my camera so now I strap it to myself.

James, the photos from our last trip are still on my blog, here is a link to them:

http://utoutdoors.blogspot.com/2005/...ob-canyon.html

Great TR and video, as usual Eric!

The amount of flow looks awesome, especially at the last rap. I'm curious, were you using just you 4/3 O'Neil suit? If so, was it enough to keep you warm?
    nat smale

WOW.... COOL VIDI and ILL MITCH to BOOT!
    eric youre my hero!

YOUR SO FAST AND DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by nat
    I'm curious, were you using just you 4/3 O'Neil suit? If so, was it enough to keep you warm?
    I used my 4/3 O'Neil with a cheap sportsmans warehouse shorty over the top and was warm, shivered a little when standing still but I shiver when I open the fridge at home so that's nothing new. I did the hike out (including a few swims) in just board shorts and a t-shirt and the water really wasn't bad once I got used to it, with how hot it is down there I would guess you would be fine with just the 4/3 suit as long as you keep moving. We had a fair amount of sunny spots in the tech section to warm up in too. The flow was awesome, and would be even better with just a few cfs more (not too much though of course). Great way to spend a HOT day in Zion!

Eric.