Thread: July 7-9, Zion Trip

July 7-9, Zion Trip

FRIDAY: Keyhole was the first canyon for two of our group. Good warm up. Water was very low and everyone tried to stem all the way across the last swimmer -- no one made it! Thunderstorm to our north as we exited. Polled the group and we all agreed that the rain was far enough away from our next destination (see below for the location).
    Pine Creek was as dry as when I did it solo one month ago. Team effort as we found the safe way to climb into the empty pothole for the first rap. And I remembered to swing the rope over the flake to make the pull easier.
    SATURDAY: Orderville was up next. Saw Rick Thompson the night before and he told us about the mini-flash, the almost rescue and the difficult drive out because of the rain on the road. We parked at the real top not realizing that I could drive down to the corral. Partly cloudy and cool. Saw two dead deer: one hanging on the fence as we started and one blocking our way into the canyon (see photo). Actually three canyons: first one was muddy from the flash; second was dry; and third, Yee Ha, was wet. Second photo was where we ate lunch. Does anyone recognize the arch and where we were in the canyon? Jumped about four pools - super fun! Narrows was somewhat brown but low. Uneventful hike out.
    SUNDAY: Spry. Christina joined us for this fun canyon where I busted my knuckles last year and bled for 2 hours. Third photo shows good safety practice of using safety belay to difficult hook in point. Raps were just as good as last year and three in our group ended the canyon with a leap into Pine Creek.
    Super weekend and looking forward to my next trip
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

2nd photo. where is this arch within Orderville Canyon?

3rd photo. Christina assisting on the difficult rappel point. Thanks.

Yeah baby.... any TR that contains pictures of Cristina is a good report

Bruce and others.... here is a little tip: After you hit the browse and attach button for your picture if you look at the bottom of the page you will notice you can hit browse and attach a second (and third and fourth) time. This allows you to attach a series of picture in one post so you don't have to make three posts to place three pictures.

Thanks Ice. I tried that the first time but my slow ISP knocked me offline. I'll have to watch how many photos I post.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce from bryce
    Thanks Ice. I tried that the first time but my slow ISP knocked me offline. I'll have to watch how many photos I post.
    if that keeps happening, what you could you is post one photo, then submit, then edit and add another photo. and continue doing this so you don't lose everything.

Reducing you photos to about 1/2 size will also help a great deal.

Here is a good link on how to do that and some free tools to do it for you.
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1718

I appreciate the effort.... pictures really improve the quaility of the posts

And posting in three meesages is fine. I just didn't know if you knew how to add more pics to one post.

BTW: who is the other woman in the picture with Cristina?

Jenny from Virginia. She is an SCA working with the YCC crew here at Bryce.
    Her first canyons were Keyhole and Pine Creek, then I threw her into Spry. Did really well. Has a technique of singing a song while she rappels. Neato!

Stay back rapid dog Ice.....Whoof