Thread: North Canyon to Mueller invite for Monday 7/17

North Canyon to Mueller invite for Monday 7/17

We will be hitting North Canyon to Mueller park on Monday July 17th. We will try to meet right before 6:00, and do the shuttle thing.

If any of you SLC boys want to join, feel free. I wish I could make it Tuesdays with you but I can't. We should already have about 6 of us, but the more the merrier.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am going to switch teams (not in a bareback way) this next week and ride with the Ogden posse. I am tied up on Tuesday and cant ride with the SLC gang. In fact due to the wind rivers trip, I will have to hook up with SLC gang again on Aug 1st. Anyhow, I am planning on this ride.

I'll try to be there as well.

Where are you meeting exactly and what time? At the bottom of Mueller or the top of canyon creek drive?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Where are you meeting exactly and what time? At the bottom of Mueller or the top of canyon creek drive?
    We will meet at that church parking lot, on the left side of the road @ 1/4 mile before Mueller Park TH. From there, we will carpool up to North Canyon.

4 miles up from the TH at North Canyon, we'll hit Rudy's Flats, and have 7 miles of downhill back to the church parking lot. I've got a KMZ file with 5 locations in it, the only question is where exactly Rudy's Flats is.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Accadacca, REDFOX, fourtycal, sreed, and I met up. It was a pretty good ride. The uphill always kicks my butt, and I'm the last one up. (secretly, everybody likes how they can blame me for letting them take a break )

Sorry, sreed, I've got to rat you out. sreed did the perfect endo. It was in slo-mo, too. He hit a spot of mud, his front tire sunk, and he went perfectly vertical over the handlebars, still clipped in.

Here are a few pics. I didn't feel like making a new post. Oh, also, we ran into a rattlesnake. I've got some video, so you can hear it.

Click here for rattlesnake video You can hear the constant rattling in the background.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

So how big was the rattle snake? I wish I could have seen that endo, sounds like it was a pretty good one.

The rattle snake was about 3ft long 1-1/4 diameter and had 7 sections on the rattles. It would not move off of the edge of the trail.

I should have taken a still picture of it, I thought the video would have turned out better. --- of the snake, I mean. I also wish I could have filmed the endo.