Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Backpacking Menu

You have to be in the outdoor retail industry, either a seller or a buyer. You could probably get in if you work for a company even remotely related to outdoor retail stuff. It's too late to get the free passes, but you could get passes with a business card or a paycheck stub for $30 each at the show.
    Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ya that's what I meant, do you work for the industry then? I have been through the show multiple times in the past with my friend's dad's rafting company. But he has retired since then.

Lol, I see now, how do "I" get in? I'm the web developer/so many other job titles it makes my head spin for an ecommerce company that has two sites I manage, one focuses on outdoor gear, and another on loads of socks.
    Mike

mroy, nice post on the Mtn house dinners! Thanks. I've got a question for you though, are you eating the 1 serving bags, or 2 servings? Most of what I see are the 2 servings, and I'm wondering if that's too much.

It would be nice to have ONLY a Mountain house dinner for a meal to fill me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    mroy, nice post on the Mtn house dinners! Thanks. I've got a question for you though, are you eating the 1 serving bags, or 2 servings? Most of what I see are the 2 servings, and I'm wondering if that's too much.

It would be nice to have ONLY a Mountain house dinner for a meal to fill me up.
    i think sasqueech needs 2 servings , i think i would too.

this is what the website says:

What is the difference between the 16oz., 20oz. and 40oz. entrees?

The 16oz. entree is considered a Single-Serve entree and makes 2 cups of food by volume.
    The 20oz. entree is considered a Double-Serve entree and makes approximately 2 1/2 cups
    of food by volume. However many people eat this as a single serve item, depending on the
    necessary caloric intake. The 40oz. entree is considered a Four-Serve entree and makes
    approximately 5 cups of food by volume. This larger size pouch has two inner preparation pouches
    inside and can be evenly split between two people.

Let's put it this way -- on some trips I'll down two two person bags a night, a couple hours apart. A two person bag is usually enough for dinner most of the time though. I eat the one persons for lunch on the trail.
    Mike

two-2 serving bags on a single night, huh? Well, I guess that answers my question.

Now, I forgot, you pour the water right into the bag, right? That's what I like, no mess to clean up.