Thread: Hey Dude! It is a business!

Hey Dude! It is a business!

Check it out, our fellow UUTAHer Fuzzy had a write up about his new business in the Price paper

http://www.sunad.com/index.php?tier=1&page=focus

Congrats on the new business
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That link will stop working next week when the new edition of the paper is published online, but this one will always go to the Fuzzy article:

http://www.sunad.com/index.php?tier=...-29&page=focus

I drive past his shop just about every day, and keep meaning to stop in, but it's not like I can afford a new bike anyway.

Congrats and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    That link will stop working next week when the new edition of the paper is published online, but this one will always go to the Fuzzy article:

http://www.sunad.com/index.php?tier=...-29&page=focus

I drive past his shop just about every day, and keep meaning to stop in, but it's not like I can afford a new bike anyway.
    Cool thanks man. you should stop by and just check it out.

Its funny since it is the old Radio Shack if you stop by and stay there for a little bit there will a few people that stop by and get half way in the door before they realize it is a bike shop.
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamage
    Its funny since it is the old Radio Shack if you stop by and stay there for a little bit there will a few people that stop by and get half way in the door before they realize it is a bike shop.
    He should put some small TVs for sale by the door, so they keep walking in. When they realize it's only a bike shop, turn on the charm!

It is just funny when they walk in the they have this confused look on there face.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamage
    It is just funny when they walk in the they have this confused look on there face.
    probably the same look when somebody stumbles upon this forum.

Congrats Fuzzy. I'm glad to see another bike shop open up in Price. Especially one that's not in that corner location on 4th. If I remember right that place had changed hands so many times it's like it's cursed, but the last thing I want to do is bring up anything about that place in this thread, so I'm gonna leave it at this: competition is good.

Is the address 640 East Main? What's across the street from there? I'm banging my head against the wall trying to remember what's right in that area around the shop. I'm thinking it's either the newspaper or JB's across the street. But since I haven't lived there in a decade, I'm having a tough time. I don't even remember there being a radio shack there.

I loved riding in that area for the 5 years I lived there, and I want to get down there this fall to check out some of the trails that have been blazed since then, so I'll probably stop by for a chat in a couple weeks when I come through town on my way to a backpacking trip in the La Sals. That area just has tons of potential for riding with all the plateaus and valleys; just some good topography. I hate seeing all the oil development down there, but while it's an eyesore, it's got to open up more and more land for easier access to riding and trail building in an ever expanding area. I wish I lived a bit closer so I could make easy day trips for riding.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mroy
    Congrats Fuzzy...
    Thanks, guys!

I'm across the street from the Greenwell Inn (nice hotel with Ricardo's restaurant & the convention center) at the top of the hill. It's a sweet location.

The "oil pumps" are actually natural gas, and I see them as a blessing in disguise because of the access they provide (and the jobs). You're right about the terrain, though; TONS of potential. Wait and see what we're going to do out at the Hiawatha/Wattis area. The county's putting in a big stooting/archery/camping complex and my wife & I were just taken on a tour to consider the trail development possibilities...YEE-HAH!

I LOVE this place, and the love and support of the locals has been inspiring.

The newspaper piece blew me away. Richard Shaw (the writer) just came to hang-out for a couple hours. I knew he took a couple pic's, but we talked about DOGS more than anything else, and frankly there were a few inacuracies (Iwas never Nat'l # 15, etc) but I was totally stoked to see it.
    SCREW SEA OTTER!!!!!!! http://FuzzysBicycleworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by mroy
    Especially one that's not in that corner location on 4th. If I remember right that place had changed hands so many times it's like it's cursed...
    I think you mean the corner of 300 East & 100 North. Yeah, that place is bad. It's just a block and a half down from my house, and it changes ownership about as often as I change my clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
    Wait and see what we're going to do out at the Hiawatha/Wattis area. The county's putting in a big stooting/archery/camping complex and my wife & I were just taken on a tour to consider the trail development possibilities...YEE-HAH!
    Cool! The gun range might actually draw me out there once they open it (can't wait to see how they run their pistol range), so I might be able to take my bike out there too.

I need something to get me off my ass anyway, so let me know if you need any help trail-building. If I can get interested enough in biking again, I might even talk myself (...er...my wife) into getting a new bike and actually riding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    I need something to get me off my ass anyway, so let me know if you need any help trail-building. If I can get interested enough in biking again, I might even talk myself (...er...my wife) into getting a new bike and actually riding it.

DUDE!!!

Come ride with us Tues' morning!! 9am, Pioneer Park. We're doing 3 different rides of varying intensities, then barbeque afterward.

See ya then?
    SCREW SEA OTTER!!!!!!! http://FuzzysBicycleworks.com