Thread: Grand County search and rescue logs

Grand County search and rescue logs

Don't know if anyone ever reads these. They are pretty entertaining. It just goes to show how beatiful, yet dangerous this area can be. I could have easily been listed in these logs somewhere, but fortunately luck was usually on my side.

http://www.gcsar.org

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for posting the thread. I read the shit happens section whenever I stumble accross it surfing. Fun stuff

Re: Grand County search and rescue logs

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    Don't know if anyone ever reads these. They are pretty entertaining. It just goes to show how beatiful, yet dangerous this area can be. I could have easily been listed in these logs somewhere, but fortunately luck was usually on my side.

http://www.gcsar.org
    ...thanks alot, there goes the rest of my working day.....fun stuff

Hours of entertainment. The only problem is once you've read them, they are slow to get new ones. We need to get more people down there so we can have more to read about. Especially drunk and/or stupid people. European tourists would be good too.

I love it when they tell them they will have to pay for the rescue. Wonder what they cost?

It would be interesting to have a forum on Search & Rescue. I spend the winter and spring in Arizona and am active with the Superstition Search & Rescue organization out of Pinal County, Arizona. The last two years while in Utah I have assisted in the search for Garrett Bardsley and Brennan Hawkins. We are still looking for the remains of Garrett. If any of you want to join me in a trek to search for Garrett just send me a message with your email or phone #.
    A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
    -Garth McCann

Quote Originally Posted by GroundPounder
    It would be interesting to have a forum on Search & Rescue.
    I know lots of SAR members in this group. Its always a pleasure to hear from you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GroundPounder
    We are still looking for the remains of Garrett. If any of you want to join me in a trek to search for Garrett just send me a message with your email or phone #.
    Hey, I was up snooping around looking for Garrett last weekend. I figure someone will find something sooner or later if enough folks keep sniffing around. Wicked country around there, easy for a tenderfoot to get lost. I believe he headed out in the direction of the green arrows into the cliffs somewhere. Whats your best guess?

Attached Images Attached Images  

The Summit County Search team does not believe that Garrett lived through the first night due to the weather conditions at the time. If he was not taken by a mountain lion or bear the question is how far could he have traveled in something less then 24 hours before he succombed to hypothermia? I don't believe that in the history of searches in Utah there has ever been an area so thoroughly investigated as that which you describe. And that includes repellers off the cliffs and helicopters searching the cliffs from the air. I believe that Garrett made it through that first night and traveled well beyond the initial search area. There has not been found any confirmed clues beyond the PLS (point last seen). Where is he? We may never know as few people hike off trail in this part of the Unitas, unless of course they are intentionally searching for him.
    A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
    -Garth McCann

I'm with you, I don't think Garrett perished the first night, kids are tough. The big problem now becomes there is very little left to look for.....

Here is a picture of Sage checking out the last place Garrett was seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images