Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earthy/outdoorsy baby boy name suggestions?

Earthy/outdoorsy baby boy name suggestions?

Just looking for any suggestions for baby boy names. We have a boy coming in September and we can't find a name we like. Our girls have kind of earthy names, so we'd kind of like to follow suit with the boy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If I were you I would go with SHANE..... awesome name

I don't know about earthy.... but the dude will be a majar babe magnet

Oh yeah..... and anyone naming their kid SHANE gets a free lifetime membership to Climb-Utah.com.....

Re: Earthy/outdoorsy baby boy name suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Uliston
    earthy names
    Clay
    Rocky
    Cole (you could spell it Coal to be even more earthy)
    Stone
    Sand
    Silver
    Canyon (name of one of my good friends growing up)
    Cliff
    River

Try this on for size Rowan

Huh...Huh... its a name for some tree, google it.

It also sounds like the name of some medieval warrior.
    I can just see it now.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

How about "Kinky?" As in Kinky Friedman from the Lonestar state!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    Cole (you could spell it Coal to be even more earthy)
    Whatever you do please don't EVER give you kid a freak spelling of a common word/name.

If you do the poor kid will have to go through life spelling his name every time he pronounces it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Whatever you do please don't EVER give you kid a freak spelling of a common word/name.

If you do the poor kid will have to go through life spelling his name every time he pronounces it.
    Oh I know. I'd never give MY kid a freak spelling of a common name,
    but I don't have any reservations about recommending random internet people to do so

While we're at it, why don't you just name your boy "aerth" or "urth" it doesn't get much more earthy than that

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    If I were you I would go with SHANE..... awesome name

I don't know about earthy.... but the dude will be a majar babe magnet

Oh yeah..... and anyone naming their kid SHANE gets a free lifetime membership to Climb-Utah.com.....
    I was gonna say SHANE as well, first earthy thing came to my mind.

PS: If I thought about it, do I get a free membership too?

Membership delivered when I'm puffing on a cigar, looking at pictures of Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    While we're at it, why don't you just name your boy "aerth" or "urth" it doesn't get much more earthy than that
    I like Erf better. It still pays homage to the hippie brethren and is spelled just as it sounds.

Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Uliston
    Just looking for any suggestions for baby boy names. We have a boy coming in September and we can't find a name we like. Our girls have kind of earthy names, so we'd kind of like to follow suit with the boy.
    Round 2

Landon
    Arch
    Spire
    Reef
    Hill
    Swale
    Dell
    Dale
    Glen
    Vale
    Brooks
    Bryce
    Cedar
    Oaks
    Branch
    Willow
    Arroyo
    Rio
    Caldera
    Collier

No, Seriously, I Totally Mean It

I once had a friend whose brother and sister were named Spice and Wilderness.

Okay, how about Richard? Shortens easily to Dick. Dick is always cool. Chicks love Dick. Everybody wants Dick. In fact, I had a great uncle named Dick Spray.

No, I am not kidding. No, really.

DickHead
    I see lots of names that are going to get some poor kids ass kicked on the playground, one day....
    We all forget kids are mean, cruel, and vicious little animals. Name your kid what you want, but remember, he's the one that's gotta live with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    I see lots of names that are going to get some poor kids ass kicked on the playground, one day....
    DITTO

A small Indian brave walks up to his grandfather and asks: "Grandfather, how do we Indians get our names?"

"Well my son, after the medicine man deliverers the baby, he looks out of the tee-pee window. Whatever he sees is the name of the baby. For instance, your father was born right at sunrise. Thus his name is Rising Sun. When your sister was born, the medicine man saw a deer running through camp. Thus her name is Running Deer."

"Oh," said the boy.

"Why do you ask Two Dogs ****ing ?"

A guy walked into a pub and immediately noticed a young lady at the bar on her own. After a couple of drinks he decided to offer her a drink and make small talk. She accepted.

"What's your name?" he asked her.

"Carmen," she replied.

"That's a nice name. Did your mother or father name you that?"

"Neither. I changed my name when I was eighteen from Sharon to Carmen."

"Why did you do that?" he asked.

"Well," she explained, "I like men and I like cars, so that is how I got my name. What's your name?"

"Beerpussy," the man replied.

Shade

Chert

Flint

Rockgremlin

Clay
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

My wife is due in October and she is set on Cohen. I'll fly Shane by her and see how she reacts.

Back in my tree hugger days I wanted to give my kids middle names that were National Forests. Inyo, Ashley, Kaibab, Tsongas, etc.... I planned to pass over Wasatch and Cache because they're Utah names (I think I could slide Ashley under the radar), and Teton because it means...well you know what it means. Fish Lake? Well that's just dumb. Then I moved to Brooklyn....

Come to think of it, if you lived far enough away from Utah, Cache would be a cool name for a boy.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    Come to think of it, if you lived far enough away from Utah, Cache would be a cool name for a boy.
    If theHammer has a 3rd boy (highly unlikely) its along the same vane with a slight change of spelling, in honor of one of the coolest men to ever live and lived well, well, it more salty than earthy.....

I like the name Cash, that would have been the name of my 3rd boy, I mean, you could name him Sue if you want to and he could say "HOW DO YOU DO??"

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    Cache would be a cool name for a boy.
    One look at that boys drivers liscense and he's getting a full cavity search. Cache? OK, where is your weed? We can do this the EZ way or you can drop your pants.

Go with Cash, he'll be tough, principled, and a noble rebel.

I know a guy, Dusty Rhoads, cant for get his 'brother' Rocky Rhodes, but Dusty would be my pick, off the top of my head. Maybe Bridger?
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey