Thread: Kid camping

DickHead

Kid camping

Looking for a good place to take my 2 1/2 year old boy. Preferably somewhere with a real good fishing hole (lots of eager fish, hopefully bluegill), and a good shaded campground. Maybe some short hikes nearby.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I caught plenty of bluegill at Utah and Blue lakes, but they are nothing to write home about, very plain.

Also, my kid had a blast at Jordanelle at night catching Utah Chub fish, they were biting none stop right from the shore.

But I would recommend going to Goblin's Valley, it's a fun place to discover for the little ones. Nice campgrounds and not many people. Another fun place to visit is Crystal Geyser, Green River is right next to it, but I am not sure about fishing there. Hope this helps.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Sounds like a winner!! Any ideas on camping on or very near to it?

I am not sure on camping...perhaps someone else can chime in. I know lots of people that have yacked about the fishing there and they had to have camped somewhere. Vernal is close...

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I am not sure on camping...perhaps someone else can chime in. I know lots of people that have yacked about the fishing there and they had to have camped somewhere. Vernal is close...
    Looks like there is a BLM campground, no reservations available, 13 sites. That's all the info I could find on that one.....There is a KOA in Vernal with a playground and pool...hhhmmmm....and cabins....

Anyone know anything about all the dinosaur stuff out there? Might be a good trip for the kid, actually....

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Anyone know anything about all the dinosaur stuff out there? Might be a good trip for the kid, actually....
    Great trip for the kids....

You want to see the Dino Museum in town. Visit the Quary in the National Park. And probably visit the petrogylphs in Dry Forks.

There is a bunch of other stuff.... but that is the for sure list for a noobie with kids. This website is very helpful http://www.dinoland.com.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Great trip for the kids....

You want to see the Dino Museum in town. Visit the Quary in the National Park. And probably visit the petrogylphs in Dry Forks.

There is a bunch of other stuff.... but that is the for sure list for a noobie with kids. This website is very helpful http://www.dinoland.com.
    Sweet, thanks. This might turn into a good weekend for the kid.