Thread: Anyone up for Grayling?

Anyone up for Grayling?

We've got a sweet little spot up in the Uinta's for Grayling, and there are some nice ones up there. I pulled out a couple 17 inchers from this lake and I'm certain the next state record is coming out of there. We are going up Friday night after work putting us in Kamas around 4-5. It's a short 2 mile hike in through the snow. We'd stay up probably till dark. If anyone would like to come along just say so.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

MMMM....temping. I am going to send you a PM.

Headed up to King's peak in August. Hoping to hook a few of these critters. What do they typically bite on? I would love to come home with a pic like yours.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

For the most part these things are only about 10", just like the brook trout, the big ones are hard to find. I hope you can get into some good ones. They will take anything, I've caught them on buggers, dries, and nymph's. They do have smaller mouths so bigger flies and lures aren't the best idea.

King's peak sounds good, I've never been there yet, it's about time I do though.

Youre welcome to join us, Aug 19 or 20 - 24. We want to get kings one day then Gilbert on another, unless the fishing distracts us.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

You're really tempting me but I'm not going to be able to make it, I've already got all my time of scheduled. I wish I could come, thanks for the invite.

DickHead
    I'm looking for something to do Labor day weekend, and am considering a day trip for grayling that sunday. If you wouldn't mind I'm really interested in trying this spot I want to fetch some Grayling before I leave Utah, and would appreciate more information. If you want to keep it under wraps email me jamisjockey@yahoo.com or pm me.
    Thanks!

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    I'm looking for something to do Labor day weekend, and am considering a day trip for grayling that sunday. If you wouldn't mind I'm really interested in trying this spot I want to fetch some Grayling before I leave Utah, and would appreciate more information. If you want to keep it under wraps email me jamisjockey@yahoo.com or pm me.
    Thanks!
    Nevermind, I figured out where I'm going. Lake Marjorie. I did some check on some other boards and this seems like my best bet.