Thread: Tuesday 6/20 Tibble Fork

Tuesday 6/20 Tibble Fork

Our Tuesday ride for 6/20 is Tibble fork. We will meet at the I-15 park and ride (Alpine-Highland exit) at 5:30pm and carpool up. Let me know if you can go.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm in! The downhill on this trail is SICK!!!

What trail are you planning to ride at Tibble Fork?

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    What trail are you planning to ride at Tibble Fork?
    http://utahmountainbiking.com/trails/tibble.htm

Yesterday I was talking to a friend of mine (He works for the forest service up A.F. canyon) and he said they had to close both tibble fork and mud springs due to bad conditions. Both these trails, especially tibble fork, have gotten a royal thrashing this summer because people have been riding while it's wet. It will take a ton of work to get these trails in good shape. We are talking about getting some volunteer work together to get these trails in prime condition. We may put a sign up sheet in Timpanogos Cyclery, I will keep you posted. Even If the trail isn't closed I would urge you to find a different route, riding in the mud = bad trail conditions for everyone. Sorry about being a little late. Hope A closure didn't' ruin your ride. Let me know what the situation is up there. Is it closed? If so what did you end up riding? How was the condition of that trail(s)? We need to find specific areas to work on, I would like a heads up on any areas that may need work. I will be up there tommorow (the 21st) to check it out. We need to make a plan (specific trail sections that need work and what we need to do) to present to the forest service. This is a good chance for you, the riders, to give back, it will benifit us as mountain bikers. My friend said that the forest service gives priority to those that volunteer, when planing for the future, deciding where to spend the fee money, and deciding who to gear the trails towards.

Tibble Fork was awesome! We dropped a car at the reservoir and drove to the summit. From there it is still a climb up but when it heads down it is incredible I saw the torn up sections and a few places people have gone around rough areas creating a double trail. A few well placed logs and rocks should help straighten the trail out again. There were no signs indicating a closure and there were several people riding it on bikes and horses.

Yeah, I forgot my bloody camera.

I would say 95% of the trail is fine and perfectly dry. A few spots need some repair as fourty mentioned. The scenery and the downhill on this trail are just solid. I give it an A! I really enjoy it and would put it in my top 3 of mountain trails. I found myself needing a bit more bike in a few spots though. Great times...

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Is it helmet cam material?
    You betcha!! This is a top Utah trail in my opinion..

Best part is that we meet at the park and ride 1 minute from my work..

So, is this out west? Let me know if you ride this on Saturday. I'm not sure I can make it after work.

This is up American Fork Canyon. You get off I-15 right past the point of the mtn and head towards Alpine/Highland.

http://utahmountainbiking.com/trails/tibble.htm

my brain shuts off past Bountiful. Is Alpine east or west of the freeway?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    my brain shuts off past Bountiful.
    I thought it was just a Davis county thing!

Tibble fork is east of I-15 up the canyon past Timpanogos cave.
    No camera and we saw a large bull moose close to the trail, buck deer, wild horse(about to throw it's rider ) it was great. I may end up riding it again tomorrow and I will have my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    I may end up riding it again tomorrow and I will have my camera.
    I'll lend you my helmet cam. You just have to supply the camcorder.

Tibble fork is deffinatly helmet cam material, One of the best in the state. I found this info on a post on utahmountainbiking.com :
    "At the 4 way their was a sign explaining that Tibble Fork and Mill Hollow trails were closed. I took a right (not sure what the trail name is) their was one large downed tree near the bottom but the rest of the trail was in great shape." http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UM...pic.php?t=2384

My friend and I also got a chance to do an awesome ride up there today...Timpanooke trail head, up GW trail to Pine Hollow Trail, up to Ridge trail, Down to the juncion (there is now a sign marking a closure, you guys must have gone just before they posted it) Then we did the deer creek south fork loop, once we were at the summit we did the horse flats trail, and finally connected to the great weastern trail again, and back to our car. We also saw a huge bull moose, at the end of the ride, right outside the parking lot!