Thread: St. George Area Trails

St. George Area Trails

I decided to make a last minute trip down south this weekend. I will be leaving on Thursday evening, and returning home Sunday evening. With that said I will have Friday, Saturday, and part of the day Sunday to ride. I am planning on riding the Green Valley loop at least once, and I need some suggestions on other trails in the area that are worth hitting. If you have any favorite trails in that area please let know. Also if anyone is going to be down in that area and wants to ride we could meet up just let me know. Thanks for the help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You've gotta hit JEM Trail, Gooseberry Mesa, Guacamole.

The latest craze down there is Little Creek Mountain, just SouthEast of Gooseberry.

How many trails do you want to hit? I would suggest bringing some Glutamine and Creatine for recovery, if you want to hit a couple a day, 2-3 days in a row.

Fer sher put Gooseberry on the list.

Gooseberry

We are riding Gooseberry as a group on Saturday AM. We will meet in Hurricane at the Chums building. It is the big whit building just before you head up the hill out of Hurricane on 59. We are meeting at 6:30am and pulling out at 7:00am. If your up for the early ride you ought to come hjoin us, we are hitting the South Rim

Doug
    aka Shuntavi

Hey thanks for the invite Shuntavi, we will for sure try to make it over there on Saturday.

Well thanks to Shuntavi and the gang we had a great trip down south. We ended up riding Gooseberry Mesas South Rim on Saturday A.M. with Shuntavi and his group. What a great trail, and great people to ride with. After the ride we went back to the shop and hung out for a little while. We also rode the Green Valley Loop which is always a good time. Here are a few pictures that I snapped on the trails. Thanks again to Shuntavi and his gang for the great ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images            

In the early morning the temperature was just right, but by about 9:30 or 10 it was starting to heat up pretty good. We were done riding and off the trails by 11:30 both days. The only way to go is the early morning rides or really late afternoons.

Most importantly, did you go to the crab buffet?

Ahhhhh.....Gooseberry. Looks like good times. Thanks for the pictures.