Thread: Nice twisties

Nice twisties

Threw down some road miles on saturday - more ass-conditioning for my upcoming trip! (leaving Friday!!)

Left Draper and head up Parleys - took the Mountain Dell turnoff and headed over Eact Canyon - Road was in good shape - early in the morning so there was no traffic - a little cool though! (had to stop and put on some fleece bottoms) First vehicle that I saw on the road was nearly to Morgan.

Left Morgan heading west on I-84 to Mountain Green where I turned North up and over Trappers loop - moderate traffic - road in good shape.

Headed out of Huntsville east up and over Monte Cristo. Great ride - road in great shape - saw maybe 10 cars and had the road to myself. A little snow off to the sides of the road near the top but nothing close to the asphalt. Beuatiful up there - especially as deserted as it was!

At Woodruff I bolted north through Randolph then north-west to Bear Lake. Minimal traffic and good road condition. The road coming down Logan Canyon had a lot of construction at the top - and some more closer to the bottom - the road construction tended to wad up the traffic so the road was not as enjoyable as it should have been. I would list this as a road to avoid for a while - not that it is all bad... there are just better runs without the complications.

Had a late breakfast in Logan then spent an hour tracking down my wife and her friends - they were cycling in the Little Red Riding Hood event. Spent some time shooting some video and stills for her. Did get the bike mounted vids to come out this time (but 20 minutes of following middleage women cyclists is not worth posting)

Back on the road around 1:45 and home a couple minutes after 3:00 - made great time down the freeway!

All in all 385 miles - most of it on twisties and canyon roads. No pics this time as I was just too busy riding... and most of you know what the route looks like anyway. 3 days and counting - Canada awaits (weather pending - I'll change routes last minute if necessary).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool! As you prolly noticed I was riding in the dirt on Saturday. It was damn weird riding the KTM after that long on the Beemer. It felt like a trike for about 10 miles. Then the front brake didn't feel the same, the rear brake was tucked back in, seat felt like a 2X4. I could go on.......I did have a blast though and it was kinda cool getting used to the bike for those first miles. Just weird...