Thread: Satellite Radio

Satellite Radio

Who's got one or has had one? Which service are you using? I am looking for a small unit that I can use on my commutes to work on my motorcycle. Then in the cars n stuff. Just getting board with no radio for the last month riding to werk. Plus all the other benefits are endless. Yada, yada.....talk to me. Static and commercials will soon DIE!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IPOD[/i]
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

my friend, abbie, and i bought a satellite radio and some service for our friends' wedding present. they travel all the time, HOURS, to go skiing and around in traffic in the bay area....they love it.

as far as ipod goes, it's interesting that in some big cities like san francisco, an FM modulator won't work because all the radio stations have been used and, seemingly(?), with such high power that they cannot be overridden. this is where a direct input/usb would come in SUPER handy.

fortunately in utah and of course on the open road, the FM modulator works!!! my only issue with the FM modulator is that, at least in my somewhat older subaru, there is static. if i take the ipod/modulator into another vehicle, NO static. i'd love to get a stereo with usb, but couldn't justify it, since my cd player is completely functional.

Price, how are you using your ipod?

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    IPOD[/i]
    Ehhhh......I just get sick of my collection. Not to mention I like sports talk radio and listening to games. I would have to have one sick Ipod music collection and a bizillion podcast subscriptions to compete with 200 stations.

Don't forget to check out the Podcasts. I listen to these more than my actual music. I will post some of my favorites tomorrow or tuesday.
    Let's Roll

Even though the Taurus has a CD changer, it's got a tape player as well.

Who needs satellite radio when you've got "Tora Tora" on tape?

DickHead

Re: Satellite Radio

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Who's got one or has had one? Which service are you using? I am looking for a small unit that I can use on my commutes to work on my motorcycle. Then in the cars n stuff. Just getting board with no radio for the last month riding to werk. Plus all the other benefits are endless. Yada, yada.....talk to me. Static and commercials will soon DIE!!!
    I've got Sirius. It 's.
    Whichever unit you decide on, if you still use FM modulation it will have some static. My car is set up with the stock radio, so it has to recieve the sat. reciever's signal via modulation. Sometimes its staticy as all hell. Wife's is set up direct from the reciever to an aftermarket sat. rad. ready cd deck. Howard Stern, CD quality. Jimmy Buffett, CD quality. Static-X, godsmack, etc etc.....yep, you guessed it....CD quality!
    http://www.sirius.com
    You can even start a trial account to sample for free....

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Static-X
    I'm a Static-X fan. Not many people know who they are.

DickHead

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Static-X
    I'm a Static-X fan. Not many people know who they are.
    What's funny about it is that I never knew who too many bands were before the sat. rad. Now since it displays the artist and song, when I hear something I like I'm more likely to remember who they are. I'm defintely not a music geek, so its not something that I normally remember. I've only got about 300 songs to my name, and that didn't happen until I got the Sirius. I started actually downloading stuff and had a good idea what I was looking for.
    Octane, which is 20 on sirius, kicks ass. Try it.

I get Sirius on the Dish Network. Sometimes when there's nothing on TV, I'll turn it to "Hard Attack", the Metal channel.

DickHead

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I get Sirius on the Dish Network. Sometimes when there's nothing on TV, I'll turn it to "Hard Attack", the Metal channel.
    Hard Attack is good shizzle, too. My first 4 favorites:
    Octane
    Alt Nation
    Hard Attack
    Margaritaville