Thread: Super Mario Bikers (video)

Super Mario Bikers (video)

Well, it's 2:30 am Saturday morning, and I finally finished the Mueller Park helmet cam footage. This footage was filmed by yours truly this last tuesday night. Shag_dee is the rider in front.

I have a love for the retro video games, namely Super Mario Bros. After thinking of possible soundtracks for my footage, I thought I'd lay down the tracks from the game. I even threw in a few graffix from the game.

This is a link to youtube.com. Just click the image below to get to the video player. I think most of you will remember the good ol' days as you watch this 3 minute video.

Thanks.

**new shorter version**

Video Here

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That was pretty cool. Brings back some memories of annoying my parents and hearing them say "TURN DOWN THE TV" I never realized how annoying that music is.

I could tell where you were supposed to jump and get the coins and jump over the critters.......

now i feel old
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    I could tell where you were supposed to jump and get the coins and jump over the critters.......

now i feel old
    Hey, that game has stood the test of time. Don't feel old for recognizing a classic.

I've been getting feedback from other forums that I should have fought Bowser at the end. I've got the project saved, and I might have to change that on the end bridge.

As for the music, I may have to cut those scenes down still. It can get repetitive. Or I could just break it up with more coins or something.

I've thought about making another version of this with a regular song (it's MUCH easier to edit) just for a "normal" vid.

LOL, i totally got a kick out of this!!!

Very cool, looks like it took a fair amount of time to put together. Now I kind of feel like a pansy, my videos don't have cool mario creatures like yours. I did screw around with my dancing title on my last Not Mind Bender video, so that makes me feel a little bit cool. Thanks for putting it together and sharing with us.

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    Very cool, looks like it took a fair amount of time to put together. Now I kind of feel like a pansy, my videos don't have cool mario creatures like yours.
    Thanks. Yeah, it did take a lot of time, and I don't think my wife liked that very much.

I don't think I'll make one to that extent again, it was just a weird little idea I had. My Bonneville Shoreline Trail one should be done within a few days, but it will just have a simple soundtrack to it, with decent downhill scenes. Those are MUCH easier to make.

DickHead
    Cool footage, fun editing, but you two descend like old ladies

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    but you two descend like old ladies
    you bastard!

Actually, I should make another vid without all the stopping. I just kept that stuff in for the game graffics.

In fact, I'll make an "official" Mueller Park helmet cam footage, without all of the stopping B.S. We probably stopped 15 times on the way down!

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    but you two descend like old ladies
    you bastard!

Actually, I should make another vid without all the stopping. I just kept that stuff in for the game graffics.

In fact, I'll make an "official" Mueller Park helmet cam footage, without all of the stopping B.S. We probably stopped 15 times on the way down!
    I like Mueller, but sometimes the foot traffic makes it hard to keep it rollin.

BTW, I just cut it down to 3 minutes.

I let my three year old watch this with me and he said, "that was a cool one!". Very creative and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I let my three year old watch this with me and he said, "that was a cool one!".