View Poll Results: What Ogden area trail would you like to ride next?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mueller Park

1 20.00%
  • Ogden Bonneville Shoreline

0 0%
  • Maples Loop

2 40.00%
  • Antelope Island, White Rock Bay

0 0%
  • Southern Skyline Trail

2 40.00%
  • Trail not listed -- please tell us!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Night Rides in Ogden area

Wednesday Night Rides in Ogden area

In spirit of fourtycal's Tuesday nite rides in the SLC area, and since I can't do Tuesdays, we've been riding on Wednesdays up in the Ogden area.

We'll be meeting at around 6:00 pm at the designated trailheads, and try to be done by 8:00. So far, we've done the Shoreline, and Mueller Park. I'd like to look into Maples Loop, above Wheeler Creek Road.

Maybe we can do some polls or something to decide which trails to ride each week, and new trail suggestions are always welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Southern Skyline would be on my list. I rode it today and the spur to Lewis peak is almost clear. There could be two options, the first group or evreyone could ride to the overlook spot (3 miles) and those who wanted to continue could go all the way to overlook ogden or to lewis peak or a shuttle car could be parked at the North Ogden divide.

I like all of the trails posted but they get old quick and don't quite challenge the lungs? But I am down for anything and everything!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I vote for one of the easier ones

I guess I'm just the opposite of live2ride...I need the easier rides, especially this early in the year. I love Maples...ridden clockwise from Art Nord, up East Fork, around Green Pond, through Snowbasin, down Maples!
    You won't think you're so clever, when you hear thunder underground...

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Southern Skyline would be on my list. I rode it today and the spur to Lewis peak is almost clear. There could be two options, the first group or evreyone could ride to the overlook spot (3 miles) and those who wanted to continue could go all the way to overlook ogden or to lewis peak or a shuttle car could be parked at the North Ogden divide.

I've got to be honest with everybody, even though I ride once or twice a week, I still REALLY SUCK at climbing. (Mtn Dew addict) I'll be the slowest climber there (the downhill's another story )

I've heard of this trail, but also heard of the climb. If you guys want to hit this one, go for it. I may trail behind you, and just make it up part way, and then head back. I'll do my best.

And like live2ride said, I don't want to do the same old trails over and over. I'm glad to do every single trail in this area, I'll just be creeping behind quite a ways, which I don't have a problem with.

Also, we'll have to keep the time frame in mind, hopefully we can do these in about 2.5 hours.

I am game for whatever!! Southern skyline to the view is around 3 miles and is a good view, maybee we will have to save thise one for the later part of the year when everyone is a little more seasoned and so forth. I am game for everthing, it doesn't matter to me how fast or slow people will go. The point is to have a good time and get out and ride as a group!

BTW, I have a trail report for southern skyline, I rode it yesterday and logged around 17 miles and 4000 feet of climbing, it was great!!!

BTW, I have a trail report for southern skyline, I rode it yesterday and logged around 17 miles and 4000 feet of climbing, it was great!!!
    Sweet! Get that thread rollin'. I'll add it to the Index.

It looks like Maples Loop is the choice tomorrow. Here's the map from UMB.

We will be starting from the Art Nord trailhead, and it's undecided whether we'll be going clockwise or counter. But we'll cut across the loop on the Middle Fork trail.

It all depends on which way has the best downhill.

Is that trail head on the Old Snowbasin road? What time are you looking at hitting the trail head? I am looking forward to it, I haven't ridden since last week.

Quote Originally Posted by shag_dee
    Is that trail head on the Old Snowbasin road?
    Yep. We're going to bypass the Wheeler trail and just drive right up to those bathrooms. We'll have to drive a little bit longer, but we may be glad we did instead of biking that dirt road.

Maybe we should try to be there by 6?

I've attached the GE location for the Art Nord TH.
    Attached Files Attached Files

the best trail is actualy up wheeler (not a dirt road) and branches off up to maples, that is the funnest part to ride. when I say branches I mean you have to ride up wheeler and then the singletrack branches to the right and then up to maples. That is the funnest way to ride, you could ride maples then ride down greens and art, and wheeler which would make for a kick ass downhill!

I think...

...that little spur is called Icehouse, isn't it? Anyway, if you're only going up to Middle Fork, there's not much of a downhill either way. I like riding all the way up East Fork onto Snowbasin's Last Chance trail, then downhilling the whole way down through the resort to Maples then back to the trailhead. That only has a couple of short uphills on the way down, but it might be tough to complete that loop in 2 hours...at least for me!

Anyway, if y'all don't mind a short, fat guy tagging along, I'll be there...just look for the short, fat guy who has no earthly business riding a bike...that's me!

the best trail is actualy up wheeler (not a dirt road) and branches off up to maples, that is the funnest part to ride. when I say branches I mean you have to ride up wheeler and then the singletrack branches to the right and then up to maples. That is the funnest way to ride, you could ride maples then ride down greens and art, and wheeler which would make for a kick ass downhill!

Cool, I was gonna try riding tonight anyway. I have no idea how well I'll ride since I'm still recovering from a backpacking trip over the weekend, but we'll see. It doesn't sound like I'll be alone at the back of the pack though.
    Mike

As long as I'm around, "back of the pack" is taken!

Quote Originally Posted by mroy
    It doesn't sound like I'll be alone at the back of the pack though.

We're going to try to meet at the Art Nord TH at 6:00 pm. Keyword is "try". Sometimes we can be HORRIBLY late. So, if you guys are familiar with the trail, and 6:30 rolls around, you should go ahead and hit it. We'll ride it for sure, our intentions are good, it's just hard to round up the posse sometimes.

I'm slow enough that you'll probably catch me, so I'll leave shortly after 6:00, if we haven't hooked up. I'll be on a black, steel hardtail frame and have a black Giro helmet. See you up there, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    We're going to try to meet at the Art Nord TH at 6:00 pm. Keyword is "try". Sometimes we can be HORRIBLY late. So, if you guys are familiar with the trail, and 6:30 rolls around, you should go ahead and hit it. We'll ride it for sure, our intentions are good, it's just hard to round up the posse sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62
    I'm slow enough that you'll probably catch me, so I'll leave shortly after 6:00, if we haven't hooked up. I'll be on a black, steel hardtail frame and have a black Giro helmet. See you up there, I hope.
    OK man, there will be about 4 of us. I'll be on my blue Klein, and I'll have on a matte black helmet, with my helmet cam on top of it.

sage Marin hardtail - black Giro helmet - red toyota pickup w/ a black tonneau cover
    Mike

Sorry we missed you guys tonight. Mroy and I had a great ride up East Fork to the Middle Fork trail split, and then back down. Hopefully we'll hook up some other time.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62
    Sorry we missed you guys tonight. Mroy and I had a great ride up East Fork to the Middle Fork trail split, and then back down. Hopefully we'll hook up some other time.
    I think we saw mroy's truck at the parking lot. We got there around 6:30. We went counter clockwise on the loop, where you guys went up and back, so we never even crossed paths.

Do you guys have some FRS or GMRS radios? We could coordinate a bit better with those.

Sombeech, was yours the F350? Was that other car in your group too? He was waiting around for someone.
    Mike