Thread: Trails in Idaho

Trails in Idaho

I need some help. This weekend I am going to be traveling up to Mink Creek, which I understand to be located near Preston. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good riding trails in that area. I would like to pack the bike and do some ridin while I am there. If you can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You could ride up past the Oneida Narrows Reservoir to Maple Grove and soak in the Hot Springs.

It's dirt road and genuinely non-technical but I don't know of much singletrack up there. If anybody knows of any, I'd be interested in hearing about it as well.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

I was just checking out the Maple Grove springs website. How are the springs up there? Is the water fairly clean? I don't like to sit in springs that leave you stinking like sulfur or anything like that. The only other springs I have been to in Idaho are the Lava Hot springs and I really liked the facility and water there. Is Maple Grove comparable to Lava? Thanks for the info.

I dont know the actual names of the trails we rode, but they were all around Stanley and they ROCKED. (not much help, I know) :-)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Stanley is awesome/Nothin bout preston

I rode Elk Meadows loop and some stuff around Stanley. I'd heard about and wanted to ride Fisher and Williams creek loop but it was on fire last summer. BeeAutiful country!

FYI Preston is a 1/2 hour north of Logan, Utah and nowhere near Boise. Boise is about four hour west of Preston.

Logan Canyon has some good riding.

Re: Stanley is awesome/Nothin bout preston

Quote Originally Posted by geobiker
    I rode Elk Meadows loop and some stuff around Stanley. I'd heard about and wanted to ride Fisher and Williams creek loop but it was on fire last summer. BeeAutiful country!

FYI Preston is a 1/2 hour north of Logan, Utah and nowhere near Boise. Boise is about four hour west of Preston.

Logan Canyon has some good riding.
    I've also done the Elk Meadows loop. Had a chance to ride Fisher Creek too. Fisher Creek was without a doubt the most amazingly fun, fast downhill I have ever ridden.

Unfortunately, it no longer exists due to fire. Bummer.

Too bad these trails are nowhere near Mink Creek. Sorry for the lack of help.

Re: Stanley is awesome/Nothin bout preston

Quote Originally Posted by geobiker
    Yeah, I keep forgetting where Boise is. Hey, welcome to the forum, geobiker!

Quote Originally Posted by shag_dee
    How are the springs up there? Is the water fairly clean?
    Maple Grove is a tiny little family run business and nowhere near the size of Lava. There are three pools with room for dozen people in each and a swimming pool. The pools are clean and have no strong smell that I've ever noticed and there are showers and changing rooms too. They even have a clean pair of swim trunks if you decide you don't want to carry yours. Unless your a naturalist though and wet yourself when you see Trumpeter Swans and the like, you'll probably find the ride a bit boring. I usually go up there for an xc ski and soak in the winter.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Maple Grove is wonderful!

The water does not smell, they clean the 3 pools every Wed (so don't go then the water has floaties, but it's 1/2 price!). It's on the Reservoir so you can bring a canoe too, go fishing for walleye, then come in and soak.

There is a forest service road that goes up and behind their house then over to the next highway. It's on a dirt road, but a ride nonetheless.

The bath house is very nice. Men's and women's bathrooms/changing rooms. A mini kitchen with a fridge, stove and sink.

From PublicLands.org
    http://www.publiclands.org/explore/r...ional%20Forest

Looks like Mink Creek is near Emigration Canyon CG? When you click on the CG triangle it says that there is near by mountain biking. I'm trying to investigate further...

Maybe you can buy their map?
    http://www.publiclands.org/shop/cart...2&RetShop=site

OK, apprantly the biking near by Emigration Canyon CG is the Highline National Recreation Trail of Idaho.
    http://www.publiclands.org/explore/s...esults&id=7105