Thread: Michigan Mtn Biking

Michigan Mtn Biking

Compliments of mtnbiker. Hope you don't mind mtnbiker, but I thought that this was pretty cool to share with the gang. This is in Michigan's northwestern lower peninsula. I think he said most of it is on the Boyne Mtn Ski resort.

http://www.mmba.org/viewtopic.php?t=...er=asc&start=0
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

DickHead

Re: Michigan Mtn Biking

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Compliments of mtnbiker. Hope you don't mind mtnbiker, but I thought that this was pretty cool to share with the gang. This is in Michigan's northwestern lower peninsula. I think he said most of it is on the Boyne Mtn Ski resort.

http://www.mmba.org/viewtopic.php?t=...er=asc&start=0
    Chalk it up to personal preference, but I'll skip the logs, jumps, and stunts. I prefer not to break any more bones, thank you very much.
    Still looks cool, though.

Yep that is all at Boyne Mountain. Since Michigan is vertically challenged until you really get up into the U.P, gotta use the terrain to your best advantage. Looks like they are really thinking progressive and have put some nice effort in those features. I sure would love to hit that right now instead of looking at this computer

I get all lightheaded just looking at that stuff. That is some good work!

Dang, when did they put all that at Boyne?? I havent ridden there since the last 24hour race I did there about 4 years ago - things sure have changed. I thought that was Burchfield at first. Where are those stunts? Along the usual trail or did they build a separate area for them?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Dang, when did they put all that at Boyne?? I havent ridden there since the last 24hour race I did there about 4 years ago - things sure have changed. I thought that was Burchfield at first. Where are those stunts? Along the usual trail or did they build a separate area for them?
    not sure where exactly all the stunts are but I'd imagine they are incorporated into the downhill trails. Sounds like you pretty much need the chair to get you to most of it.

What a lot of people don't know is that Marquette has had a lot of this type of thing for a long time. Plus they have some elevation and naturally technical riding that most people drool about. I can't believe I've never ridden up there!