Thread: So long, suckers!

DickHead

So long, suckers!

In the words of my hero, Homer Simpson.
    As of Jan 7th I'll no longer call Utah home. You've got 6 1/2 more months of me though
    I'm off to Northern Virginia. Don't start on "there's nothing to do there, blah blah blah". Winter was over 3 months ago there. There are mountains (no real skiing but I despise snow anyways) only 1-2 hours away, terrific fishing, loads of cycling, and beaches not far off either. 5 hours to Evil Spawn I and II's grandparents, wifes best friend lives there, and its a promotion.
    I think we've found a community ridicuoulsy close to my work there, meaning I'll be looking at bike commuting 24/7/52. Yeehaa
    House will be for sale. $250,000 plus home warranty 5/3/2 2500sqft in the 84084 zip.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Congrats and SQUEAL LIKE A PIG BOY!!!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

There are mountains
    If you think there are mountains in Virginia, then I have some nice ocean front property in Colorado that I can sell you.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    There are mountains
    If you think there are mountains in Virginia, then I have some nice ocean front property in Colorado that I can sell you.
    Don't be a retard. Its not a jagged mountain range like the wests various ranges, but much of the ranges out there rise 4 or 5 thousand feet from the surrounding area. That's a substansial elevation gain no matter where you are.
    Where the Appalachain trail goes through VA, it goes anywhere from 300' msl to 5500' msl.

I've been to the mountains of NC, TN, WV and VA. Have you?

Uh, that was a joke.

PS, if you want to call something 5,000 feet high a mountain, that's fine with me.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Geez Jamis, for someone as rabidly defensive of the East, what brought you to Utah? Have you just been loathing this place ever since you moved here?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Geez Jamis, for someone as rabidly defensive of the East, what brought you to Utah? Have you just been loathing this place ever since you moved here?
    Work.
    No.
    I don't see any rabid loathing. You must not be reading the same words I wrote.

I didn't feel that Jamis was doing any "rabid loathing" of Utah, or the west whatsoever. He is just trying to make the best out of a situation (optimistic approach) as opposed to dwelling on everything. He was also defending other people's generalization of Virginia, the east, or the mtns of the east. West Virginia has some nice whitewater rafting I will say. Here in San Diego our highest mtn is only 6533 feet or so, however, they are still mtns to me.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Don't be a retard.
    No other comment, I just thought that was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson

PS, if you want to call something 5,000 feet high a mountain, that's fine with me.
    werd

DickHead
    Thanks derstuka:
    The only thing I'd say I loathe about utah is the length of the winter, and the amount of snow up high that prevents me from enjoying the mountain recreation available as much as I'd like to. That, and 3.2% beer.

Do you climb?

Some great climbing is in your area - New River Gorge area in WV and Red River Gorge in KY. There are also excellent, most awesome rivers there for rafting or kayaking. And... of course the Appalacian mountains are beautiful.

Good luck to you!

PS - I have some friends looking to move here in the early spring next year... drop me a note if your house is still for sale then.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

DickHead
    No, I don't climb, but thanks for the well wishes. I've never been attracted to climbing for some reason.
    I fish, hike, bike and camp. I'm interested in backpacking and have a few of the requisite items, but haven't had enough time. Biking and fishing are my primary obsessions.